IBM Storage Support Engineer for US in SOFIA, Bulgaria
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software uniquely distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
The Client Innovation Center is the newest and largest IBM center in Sofia, Bulgaria. It is a hub of global importance for the company, providing end-to-end IT services, including network management, server systems operations, maintenance and monitoring of computer hardware and software covering some of the biggest world markets – US, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
At IBM you will have the opportunity to communicate with global teams who have different responsibilities, interests and knowledge. Here you will be placed in a dynamic environment, where you will be given the opportunity to raise your technical skills and become part of the IBM Systems Team.
For our Brand Remote Technical Support team, we’re looking to hire Enterprise Technical Support Specialist with client-first mindset and eager to learn. In this challenging role, you’ll be responsible to receive and record incident related information, using a variety of tools, techniques and procedures, select appropriate actions to resolve problems. This role participates in remote technical support of IBM hardware & software products and/or systems.
• Monitor and adhere to the workload distribution needs.
• Flexible schedule to support 24x7 shift operations and on-call coverage (as applicable)
• Respond to escalated customer calls, complaints, questions and queries.
• Provide remote troubleshooting and analysis assistance for installation (or re-installation), usage and configuration questions.
• Provide answers for general usage and operation questions. Provide problem determination / problem source Identification.
• Review diagnostic information to assist in isolation of a problem cause (which could include assistance interpreting traces and dumps).
• Identify known defects and fixes to resolve problems.
• Provide assistance on supported product known defects for which available corrective service information and program fixes are available.
• Identify suspected defects and engage development teams to assist in resolution.
• Manage issue identification and resolution process.
• Provide assistance with questions regarding product documentation related to the supported products.
• Interpret online manuals regarding IBM code and application interfaces.
• Collaborate with other support centers and business units to provide seamless problem resolution.
• Demonstrate proficiency in the IBM hardware and software platform supported by maintaining applicable technical certifications.
• Provide technical support service delivery within established guidelines.
• Demonstrating soft skills and technical skills that contributes to client satisfaction.
• Contributes positively towards the achievement of performance targets in all aspects of the team’s activities.
• Executes additional tasks as required by Management
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Fluency in English
Skills and competencies:
• Excellent command of spoken and written English (C1 Level)
• Customer-first mindset with high sense of ownership
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
• Eagerness to learn and expand technical competencies
• Experience within a Technical Support Center environment
• Experience with support processes and procedures
• Good computer literacy, OS, including MS Office
• Flexibility and ability to deliver in demanding and changing circumstances
• Ability to use clear/good judgment
• Focused & results orientated
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work within a team
Education and professional experience:
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in relevant subject
• At least 2 years experience working in the area of customer support
• Basic Storage and Networking knowledge
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Previous experience in a similar role is a plus
• Second foreign language is considered as advantage
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.