Eaton Corporation CNC Machinist in South Molton, United Kingdom
· Work closely with the pre setter to ensure tooling is set up correctly to comply with part numbers
· Obtain and maintain ‘A Stamp’ approval status for machines and processes
· Gather performance evidence for quarterly review
· Submit regular improvement ideas
· Complete daily 5s tasks
· Set CNC machine to specific programme as per part number and work instruction sheet via utilisation of the DNC link (direct numerical control) on computer
· Load tooling as appropriate into CNC machine
· Check accuracy of first off
· Check accuracy of parts using appropriate measurement tools
· Take corrective action to rectify errors by offset adjustment on CNC machine
· Undertake inspection process of other team members work including first offs
· Work on own initiatives and resolve any issues or problems to company specific procedures
· Knowledge and application of lean principles/tools/5 S/seven wastes, participating in Kaizen events and problem solving
· Fill out hour by hour boards to record outputs and downtime
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable working on different machines and assisting colleagues as required.
· Flexible in work patterns to meet business needs
· Participate in daily tiered meetings and monthly All Hands meetings.
· Previous experience in setting and operating CNC Turning together with Milling and Mill/Turning Machines (this is advantageous to have both qualities)
· Conversant with Machine Shop Measurement Techniques– using appropriate measurement equipment e.g. vernier, micrometer use of thread checking equipment
· Experience of Programming and Operating Co-ordinate Measuring Machines (CMM's) an advantage
· Ability to Read and interpret Engineering Drawings, with a practical working understanding of Geometric Tolerancing (use of geometric symbols)
· Good level of computer literacy
· Experience of Inspection of parts to comply with industry and company standards
· Desired Experience & Skills:
· Experience of Fanuc and Heidenhein operating systems an advantage
· Worked on HICELL machines
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.