Chenega Corporation Electronic Security Tech I CM, DME-Springfield, VA in Springfield, Virginia
CHENEGA MANAGEMENT, LLC
Company Job Title:
Electronic Security Technician I - CM
Chenega Job Title:
Technician I, Electronic
Secret with ability to obtain Top Secret
Regular, Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Executive Order 13495 , The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
The Electronic Security Technician I shall be responsible for assisting with the installation of systems and equipment as directed by their supervisor. All Electronic Security Technician I activities will be directly or in-directly supervised.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
· Assisting in preparations for cable pulling
· Assisting in cable pulling(i.e. 18-2, RG 6, Cat5e, Fiber Optics)
· Assisting in cable terminations. (i.e. butt splices, insulated connectors, terminal strips/blocks and BNC)
· Assisting in cable testing. (i.e. VOM, Continuity tester, TDR, OTDR)
· Assisting in mounting devices.(i.e. Readers, Door Contacts, REXs, Cameras)
· Locating TSS field devices on a blueprint.(i.e. Readers, Door Contacts, REXs, Cameras)
· Accurately interpreting elevation & mounting details on a blueprint to install field devices
· Identifying the differences between ESS codes and standards to complete a given task. (i.e. pulling cables, mounting field devices, terminating cables)
· Identifying different types of cables and their usages.(i.e. Cable Markings, Class 2 & 3, Communication, Plenum, Shielded, High Performance)
· Identifying different types of connectors and their usages. (i.e. butt splices, insulated connectors, terminal strips/blocks and BNC)
· Assisting in installing raceways and pathways
· Assisting in simple conduit bends as needed. (i.e. 90 & Off sets to connect head end devices)
· Assisting in terminating devices.(i.e. Readers, Door Contacts, REXs, Cameras)
· Repairing and maintaining electronic security system equipment
· Knowledge and use of basic tools, safety equipment and specific electronic tools, to include, but not limited to, VOM meter, COAX strippers, BNC Crimper, INS and non-INS Crimp tools.
· Adhering to all Contractor and client policies and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· At least one year of experience with a High School Diploma or G.E.D and with High School level reading, writing, and analytic skills;
· 2,000 Documented On the job learning.
· Prior experience in construction and or electronic security work preferred.
· Must be able to speak, write, and understand the English language.
· Secret Clearance Required.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge in the following areas:
Apprenticeship Core Curriculum.
Apprenticeship Level One Curriculum
Powder Actuated Tools
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
OEM Electronic Security System certifications are a plus, but not required for this position.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based on that data.
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; full use of limbs are required. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Organization: Chenega Management
Title: Electronic Security Tech I CM, DME-Springfield, VA
Requisition ID: 1800002928