DynCorp International LLC. Web Developer Senior in SPRINGFIELD, Virginia
Principal Accountabilities (Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Design, build, or maintain web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
- Work with team members to develop a rich user interface in accordance with design specifications, user interface style guides and established usability standards
- Responsible for designing, developing, troubleshooting, debugging, and implementing software code for component(s) of the website
- Develop code that is cross-browser/cross-platform UI compatible and troubleshoot associated issues
- Write database queries and stored procedures in support of web applications and reports (including Microsoft SQL databases 2008 , standard SQL Development)
- Write necessary code libraries, in support of programming standards and reusability
- Design and implement front-end web pages and SharePoint solutions
- Build forms with ASP.NET and SharePoint
- Responsible for creation of technical design documentation
- Confer with management to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Develop or validate test script to ensure that test cases simulate external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
Perform other duties as assigned Knowledge & Skills
- Strong understanding of principles of user interface design, with proven track record of creative web site development in accordance with the design specifications, user interface style guides and established usability standards.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure
- Strong experience solving cross-browser/cross-platform UI compatibility issues
- Experience with Java, JSP, and XML/XSLT and Web framework Struts, Struts-2 or Spring.
- Strong knowledge of Visual Studio, SharePoint Designer and strong knowledge and/skills of laws and development processes regarding the Section 508 Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Strong analytical, problem identification/solving, and reporting skills.
- Proven track record of innovative technical contribution to software product delivery.
- Broad expertise in languages, Web application frameworks and overall software architecture.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies, continuous integration, and test-driven development are very desirable.
Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment
Experience & Education
Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline. 2 years’ experience in web development or related field can be substituted for each year of the 4 years of college
- Five (5) years’ progressively responsible experience in web development
- Strong background in Microsoft Technology skills, including Visual Studio and SharePoint required
Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
Work is in normal office environment
Typically not required, but may vary by contract or assignment
Solid working knowledge of current internet technologies, including MVC.
Job: *Intelligence & Analysis
Title: Web Developer Senior
Location: UNITED STATES-VIRGINIA-SPRINGFIELD
Requisition ID: 1705352