Monsanto Data Scientist in ST. LOUIS, Missouri
Produce more. Conserve more. Improve lives. That’s Monsanto’s vision for a better world. Achieving this vision demands revolutionizing agriculture through technology.
Data Science is central to attaining this transformation. We are seeking an exceptionally talented Data Scientist with core qualities to become an integral part of our Global Analytics Team within the Breeding Organization. The global breeding analytics team is a cutting-edge group that analyzes big data to develop predictive/prescriptive models to accelerate Monsanto’s product development.
Twenty years from now, the earth’s population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer of Choice with a globally recognized professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind’s greatest challenges.
• Driving big data challenges in our diverse, highly dynamic group.
• Providing technical contributions in a fast-paced R&D team environment to accelerate our efforts on building a data-driven product pipeline.
• Using advanced mathematical models, machine learning algorithms, operations research techniques, and strong business acumen to deliver insight, recommendations and solutions.
• Predicting and optimizing our product pipeline and improve probability of success of our products.
• Developing sustainable, consumable, accurate, and impactful reporting on model inputs, model outputs, observed outputs, business impact, and key performance indicators.
• Communicating research with peers, and with appropriate calibration to stakeholders in small and large group settings. Acquiring support and partnership from cross functional teams in the company, including engineering and IT teams at Monsanto globally.
Required Education & Skills/Experience:
• Minimum of Ph.D. -OR- Masters with equivalent experience. Degree may be in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Psychology, Physics, Statistics or related field.
• Creative, proactive, bold and out-of-box thinking.
• Strong business aptitude, the ability to rapidly learn new problem domains, and become conversant in the domain with subject matter experts.
• Ability to work in a matrix environment, leading & influencing people at varying levels of responsibility.
• Proven ability to communicate complex analytical problem in clear, precise and actionable manner.
Desired Education & Skills/Experience:
• Minimum of two or more years of experience coding and modeling using Python and/or R.
• Proficient in machine learning algorithms and concepts (Ensembles, Deep Learning, SVM, etc.).
• Proficient in operations research algorithms and mathematical optimization concepts.
• Prior experience in mathematical modeling, simulation, decisions analysis, stochastic models, system dynamics and/or forecasting.
• Experience with working in Linux environment and/or AWS.
• Experience with commercial optimization software (i.e., CPLEX, Xpress, Gurobi etc.).
• Experience with machine learning and deep learning packages (i.e. TensorFlow, Keras etc.).
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
Organization: GLB Breeding - Analytics & Pipeline Des51190876_
Title: Data Scientist
Location: North America-USA-Missouri-St. Louis
Requisition ID: 01RP0
Job: Research & Development
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please for further assistance.access our disability accommodations process
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: ; .
EEOC PosterEEOC Supplement