Monsanto Plant Physiologist / Environmental Scientist in ST. LOUIS, Missouri
The Regulatory Product Production and Assessment Team is seeking a highly agile Plant Physiologist / Environmental Scientist that will contribute across multiple platforms to design and implement controlled environment based environmental risk assessment studies to support worldwide registration, commercialization and monitoring of biotechnology derived agricultural products.
Sustainable agriculture is at the core of Monsanto. Our best-in-class technologies deliver sustainable agriculture solutions that enable farmers to produce more crops while conserving precious natural resources. Monsanto Technology is comprised of a multifaceted group of scientists working together to revolutionize crop protection chemistries, plant breeding, and biotechnology. Monsanto is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a top 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and by Great Place to Work’s Top 25 World’s Best Multinational Workplaces.
Twenty years from now, the earth’s population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind’s greatest challenges.
• Working in a team-based environment that requires management and oversight
• Conducting GLP studies, performing data analysis, writing technical summaries, and contributing to multi-disciplinary projects required to meet current regulatory requirements
• Supporting new regulatory approvals for biotechnology-derived crops, agricultural biologicals and crop chemistries
Required Education and Skills/Experience:
• Minimum of Master’s degree in Physical or Biological Sciences (e.g., Plant Physiology, Agronomy, Microbiology, Molecular Biology or a related discipline)
• Minimum of two or more years of academic or industrial experience in conducting independent and team research
• Experience in conducting laboratory studies and working with external contract research
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects with strong attention to detail
• Ability to follow detailed and specified study processes and learn/utilize supporting IT systems
• Knowledge of experimental design and analysis
• Experience with MS Office (Word and Excel)
• Ability to adapt to changing business needs
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team as well as the ability to work independently
Desired Education and Skills/Experience:
• PhD in Physical or Biological Sciences (e.g., Plant Physiology, Agronomy, Microbiology, Molecular Biology or a related discipline
• Five or more years of academic or industrial experience in conducting independent and team research
• Prior research project focused on plant physiology
• Formal coursework or training in plant physiology
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
-Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
-Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
-You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
-We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
-Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
Organization: GLB Regulatory Affairs51177232_
Title: Plant Physiologist / Environmental Scientist
Location: North America-USA-Missouri-St. Louis
Requisition ID: 01MRF
Job: Research & Development
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please for further assistance.access our disability accommodations process
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: ; .
EEOC PosterEEOC Supplement