Monsanto Research Associate in ST. LOUIS, Missouri
Monsanto is seeking a Research Associate to become part of the Biotechnology organization. They will perform lab experiments and documenting results for the generation of data for genetically improved crops. The researcher will be running existing molecular diagnostic methods in addition to developing, validating and improving methods used in research experiments. Research associates perform research and/or development in collaboration with others, make detailed observations, analyze data and interpret results.
The Research Associate has the opportunity to directly support Monsanto's global Biotechnology pipeline. They have a critical role in the design and processing of experiments associated with the progression of, fulfillment of production requirements, and communication with collaborators.
• Preparation and handling of DNA
• Cloning and molecular biology assistance, including PCR, gel electrophoresis, etc.
• Experience with Automation
• Experience with Lab LIMS systems
• Operate and maintain lab equipment
• Data monitoring to facilitate process improvement projects
• General lab operations support
• BS in a biological science or an agricultural related field of study
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects through completion
• Effective computer skills, specifically using MS Office programs
• Previous experience in a high throughput molecular biology lab
• Previous experience in the biotechnology industry
Organization: US Biotech-Trait Delivery51013446_
Title: Research Associate
Location: North America-USA-Missouri-St. Louis
Requisition ID: 01RWI
Job: Research & Development
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please for further assistance.access our disability accommodations process
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: ; .
EEOC PosterEEOC Supplement