Monsanto Senior Agrochemical Formulations Chemist* in ST. LOUIS, Missouri
Monsanto is seeking an exceptionally talented scientist to become an integral member of our multi-disciplinary Chemistry organization as a Senior Agrochemical Formulations Chemist . This role will have responsibility for the development of new and improved foliar and seed treatment formulations designed for our global crop protection business. The primary focus will be on conducting experimental work driving product development through the application of formulation & delivery science. We are seeking candidates for current and future openings.
Sustainable agriculture is at the core of Monsanto. Our best-in-class technologies deliver sustainable agriculture solutions that enable farmers to produce more crops while conserving precious natural resources. Monsanto Technology is comprised of a multifaceted group of scientists working together to revolutionize crop protection chemistries, plant breeding, and biotechnology. Our Formulations & Delivery group develops innovative new formulations by identifying and advancing underlying technologies and continually improving our development processes. Monsanto is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a top 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and by Great Place to Work’s Top 25 World’s Best Multinational Workplaces.
Twenty years from now, the earth’s population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind’s greatest challenges.
• Develop formulations containing complex mixtures of multiple agrochemical actives
• Define, evaluate, and develop formulation strategies and delivery technologies
• Design, prepare, and test product concepts for new and improved pesticide formulations that deliver differentiated product performance and handling characteristics
• Interface and coordinate activities with a multi-disciplinary team to enable data driven selection and product advancement
• Act as a champion for projects and provide diverse audiences (from Technology, Commercial, Regulatory, Quality, and Manufacturing) with updates through presentations and technical reports
• Limited travel to Monsanto field testing and production sites may be required to support product evaluation and commercialization
Required Education & Skills/Experience:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Chemical Engineering, or closely related field of study
• Experienced in formulation product development involving:
Preparation of multiple formulation types (e.g., EC, OD, SE, SC, CS, SL…)
Assessment of formulation rheological properties, compatibility, and physical stability
• Strong learning aptitude and agility
• Demonstrated innovation and critical thinking skills
• Self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to independently define and execute critical studies, and develop and communicate recommendations
• Ability to work in a matrix environment with excellent relationship, networking, and collaboration skills
• Exceptional communication skills, with a proven ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
Desired Education & Skills/Experience:
• PhD or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Colloid Science, Food Science, Chemical Engineering, or closely related field of study
• Three or more years post-graduate applied research/product development experience in an industry such as consumer products, paints & architectural coatings, food formulations or an alternate related industry
• Experience in agrochemical research and development
• Understanding of the modes of action for various pesticidal actives and the benefits of different formulation types
• Formulation of complex mixtures of actives with disparate physical/chemical properties
• Working knowledge of experimental design and statistical methods
• Experience with development, scale-up, and transfer of production processes to commercial manufacturing
• Demonstrated cross-functional project leadership experience
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
Organization: GLB CT Formulations & Delivery51013131_
Title: Senior Agrochemical Formulations Chemist*
Location: North America-USA-Missouri-St. Louis
Requisition ID: 01PQ4
Job: Research & Development
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please for further assistance.access our disability accommodations process
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: ; .
EEOC PosterEEOC Supplement