IBM Z Technical Sales Expansion Leader in St Louis, Missouri
The Technical Sales Leader for zExpansion will support sales and technical sales to drive success of the zExpansion play which spans 9 strategic areas, including LinuxOne, Resilience, Security, Blockchain, Hybrid Cloud, and Devops. The primary responsibilities of this individual will be to develop and track agreed upon metrics for measuring success, identify skill gaps and make recommendations on required enablement for the sellers and technical sellers, respond to senior executive requests for information and status, and work with the geography leaders around the world to provide reporting on attainment of objectives and strategize on requirements for improvement. The candidate must be extremely results driven, organized, technology savvy, and skilled at collaborating globally.
· Be an evangelist for ICp/SSC on IBM Z, and a leader across Systems centers on this topic.
· Engage new and established clients, identifying technical solutions that enable continuous delivery of new business services/application, to address new Client business needs
· Collaborate with IBM Systems Sales and Technical Sales, IBM Z Brand teams, Software and Hardware Development and other global Centers on targeted initiatives and Sales Plays for DevOps that progress sales opportunities
· Consult with clients and lead Innovation, Discovery and Design Workshops using Design Thinking methods, that gather requirements, assess needs and recommend integrated solutions
· Identify and share client uses cases
· Build WW technical sales accelerators and enable clients, IBMers, and BPs to differentiate the platform and the solution.
· Requires travel to work on-site with clients. Assume 25%.
· Self-motivated and ability to work without day to day direction
· Ability to work independently, but collaborate globally
· Intellectual curiosity with a passion for technology
· Creative problem solver
· Client facing, with ability to understand client requirements
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Strong verbal and written communication skills and proven ability to convey information clearly
Ability to work collaboratively and globally
Aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems, especially around the zExpansion Initiatives
Ability to operate at all levels within a client
Technical leadership in Z and Linux technology
Explore and understand complex requirements on both a business and technical level
Proven ability to navigate through a matrix management internal structure and build teams to achieve the desired result.
Experience leading operational aspects of a technical initiative
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
3-5 years in IT sales.
Knowledge of at least 3 of the zExpansion segments
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.