HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Division Director of Behavioral Health Education in St Petersburg, Florida
The West Florida Division is seeking a dynamic leader to be responsible for developing a comprehensive clinical education program for West Florida Division Behavioral Health Services. This individual will be responsible for improving patient care processes and outcomes by supporting the development of a competent behavioral health clinical team as well as consulting with Division and Hospital Leaders, Medical Staff, and other Education Directors as a subject matter expert for evidence based care of behavioral health patients in the hospital setting.
- Executes a plan for education and competency development activities that support the transition from novice to expert in behavioral health patient care areas.
- Consults with Parallon Workforce Management Services for onboarding of behavioral health nurses from the West Florida Division STAR-N program.
- Aligns education and competency programs with standards established by the American Psychiatric Nurses Association and evidence based practice standards.
- Acts as a coach and mentor for preceptors, charge nurses and managers responsible for the care of behavioral health patients in the hospital setting.
- Supports nurses seeking and maintaining psychiatric – behavioral health certification by leading coaching and education activities.
- Develops and delivers continuing education activities for nurses, techs, physicians, and other clinicians working with behavioral health patients in a clinical setting.
Measures outcomes of education and competency development plans including patient experience scores, core measure performance, RN recruitment and retention, etc.
- Licensure / Certification / Registration:
Current Florida RN License.
Nursing certification in Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing required
- Education: Master’s degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or other clinical field.
- Analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Effective written, oral and electronic communicator
Manages multiple priorities effectively
- Degree of Supervision:
Must be able to work independently and in a collaborative setting
- Work Environment / Conditions:
Use of personal computer and software applications for long periods of time
- Position requires work from a shared office, hospital locations, and remote locations.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Division Director of Behavioral Health Education
Location: Florida-St Petersburg-WCF Shared Services
Requisition ID: 01380-9347