HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Student Nurse PRN in St Petersburg, Florida
PALMS OF PASADENA
Palms of Pasadena Hospital opened more than forty years ago and has provided high-quality healthcare services for the people of St. Petersburg and the surrounding areas ever since. Over the years, the hospital has expanded to keep pace with community growth. Today the 307 bed hospital offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services along with specialty programs. Over 350 physicians, 700 employees and 200 volunteers share in the hospital’s dedication to advanced care, improved technologies and medical expertise.
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse. The Student nurse performs unit support activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices endorses and provides customer service skills to patients visitors, physician and staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patients’ rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
- With the RN plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- With the RN evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Does not administer any medications
QUALIFICATIONS: * Completion of Freshman curriculum and Freshman nursing skills as a nursing student in an ADN or BSN program (or comparable curriculum). * BLS required * Acute care experience preferred * Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders * Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs * Basic computer skills * Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Student Nurse PRN
Location: Florida-St Petersburg-Palms of Pasadena Hospital
Requisition ID: 26536-2787