HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Ultrasound - Vascular Technologist II PRN in St Petersburg, Florida
Named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay for four consecutive years, Northside Hospital is a 288-bed facility serving the community since 1976. Northside is located in the heart of Pinellas County only minutes from the pristine Gulf coast beaches as well as the thriving city life of downtown St. Petersburg, FL. As the first Comprehensive Stroke Center in St. Petersburg, our technologically advanced facility allows our superior physicians and nursing staff to care for our growing community. With campus-based specialized units, such as the Tampa Bay Heart Institute, and the Neuroscience Institute for Interventional Neuroradiology and neurologic care, Northside Hospital continues to enhance and expand its services to better serve the St. Petersburg community. Excelling in Patient Safety, we are the only hospital in St. Petersburg to earn an “A” in the Leapfrog Fall 2015 Hospital Safety Score. Northside also received a 3 Star (highest available) Quality Rating from the Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons.
At Northside, Healing Comes from the HEART. Click here to watch our team talk about how our Values define our culture at Northside Hospital. We provide the highest quality of care in a warm, personalized setting for the patients we serve. We pride ourselves on both our professionalism and compassion. Our staff is comprised of dedicated professionals who have worked for Northside any length of time, ranging from 2 years to 38 years. We foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow.
Ultrasound - Vascular Tech
· Demonstrates concern and empathy while performing procedures in a careful, compassionate and respectful manner.
· Prepares and positions patients and equipment is a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures.
· 2 years post-graduation hospital experience in an acute care setting as an Ultrasound tech
· Competent in all general and vascular exams (Abdomen, pelvis, small parts, peripheral vascular, carotid)
· Competent in all Ultrasound guided procedures (i.e. paracentesis, thoracentesis, biopsy, aspiration)
· Ability to work independently
· RDMS abdomen (or eligible to take registry exam and pass within 6 months of hire)
· RVT (or eligible to take registry exam and pass within 6 months of hire)
· Live within 30 minutes of the hospital for call-back
· PACS operating knowledge
· Experience with GE ultrasound a plus
· Ability to cope with stressful situations and manage workflow in a demanding and fast paced environment
Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers or Ultra sonographers.
Current Ultrasound Registry - ARDMS
Vascular RVT preferred (needed within 6 months)
Current Certification in Basic Life Support through the American Heart Association.
One year experience preferred.
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Title: Ultrasound - Vascular Technologist II PRN
Location: Florida-St Petersburg-Northside Hospital %26 Tampa Bay Heart Institute
Requisition ID: 01385-9339