CACI International Embedded Software/Hardware Engineer in Sterling, Virginia
Designs electrical products and complex systems. This position will be involved in all phases of product development including schematic capture, PCB layout and firmware development for complex electronic assemblies. Responsibilities include assisting with planning, conducting, and evaluating approaches to meet project objectives in a timely, cost-effective fashion. Successful Electrical Engineers are self-motivated and work effectively in team or individual situations. They have excellent communication skills and can handle multiple projects and activities simultaneously. We operate in a fast-paced, highly technical R&D environment.
• Analyze, design, develop, and maintain products; assist in commercialization.
• Build prototypes, products, and systems for testing; set up and run laboratory simulations
• Design testing procedures and coordinate testing. Conduct tests, document results, and develop client presentation
• Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, codes, and other artifacts
• Identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets
• Contribute to design standards and support design reuse
• Author technical reports, papers, articles, presentations, and patents
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BS degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer science (ABET/EAC Accredited)
• 1-2 Years of relevant experience in the field of electrical/computer engineering
• Microprocessor based design / embedded system design
• Proficient with Linux
• Proficient in C/C++ and Python
• Must be mechanically inclined
• Interpersonal skills required to work with others and communicate effectively
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure for quick-reaction projects
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Must be organized
• Hands-on prototyping and assembly experience
• Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout
• Designing mixed signal PCBs
• Designing embedded power supply systems
• Designing RF PCBs
• Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
• Software Defined Radios (SDR)
• Designing FPGA based systems
• Embedded firmware development
• ARM Processor Development
• Experience using Altium Designer
• Experience designing low power embedded systems
• Military Vehicle Electronics or Equivalent Industrial Applications
Some travel may be required.
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.