Comcast Principal Engineer, Data Scientist in Sunnyvale, California
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Are you interested in creating intelligent applications that impact millions of people on a daily basis? Do you want to help us invent the future of customer service and build virtual assistants that interact with millions of customers in natural language and automatically finds solutions to their needs?
If yes, come join the Comcast Silicon Valley Innovation Center. We are seeking a strong Principal Engineer/Data Scientist to lead our initiatives in developing and deploying NLP, Reinforcement Learning, Anomaly Detection, Customer Service or similar applications at scale. The ideal candidate will have experience working as a technical leadin a start-up, industrial, government, or academic lab setting on artificial intelligence and machine learning projects.
We feature an informal, open atmosphere, and cultivate a start-up culture with the backing of a Fortune 50 company. To better serve our community, we believe the diversity of our team should reflect the diversity of our customers.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, related technical discipline, or related industry experience
- Experience with machine learning, deep learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools and how to deploy and monitor machine learning models.
- Strong programming and software development skills and familiarity with Python, Java or Scala.
- Knowledge of data pipeline and cloud technologies such as Kafka, Spark, and Docker.
- 5-8 years related experience after Bachelors
- Advanced degree is highly desired
- Implements, refines and validates machine learning algorithms for products and applications.
- Designs and develops data pipelines consisting of data ingest, data validation, data cleaning, and data monitoring.
- Trains machine learning models, validates the accuracy of the machine learning models once trained, and deploys them into production.
- Designs proof of concept solutions and contributes to studies to support future product or application development.
- Explore and develop advanced AI technology such as Drones, Robots, etc. on X1 platform.
- Collaborates with teams outside of immediate work group. Represents the work team in providing solutions to technical issues associated with assigned projects.
- Provides guidance and leadership to more junior engineers.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer