Comcast Software Engineer, C/C Developer in Sunnyvale, California
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
At Comcast Silicon Valley Innovation Center (CSV) we're changing the way America views entertainment. Based in Sunnyvale, CA we are a satellite office of Comcast aimed at building innovative new products for entertainment, communications and the digital home. If you love being on the cutting edge and are looking for an environment with a startup vibe where your ideas affect millions of users and go from conception to deployment quickly, we would love for you to be a part of changing Comcast's history.
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate C/C developer to develop, maintain, test and improve the customer experience on Comcast Voice Products.
You love what you do because it makes a difference to the company and to our customers. You like to work hard but it's worth it, because you're having fun with a great group of people in an amazing work environment. You are the future of awesome
- Deliver maintainable and solid code that runs in a set-top-box environment.
- Participate with other engineers in design sessions and code reviews.
- Provide thorough automated test coverage for unit, functional and end-to-end coverage.
- Thrive in a dynamic agile development process.
- 1-3 years development experience.
- Experience in a Linux development environment.
- Experience using revision control systems, such as GIT and GITHUB.
- Experience using unit testing to test code.
- Experience using C/C , GCC, Perl, Python, Make.
- Experience with embedded devices (mips, 68000, ultra-sparc)
- Experience with SOC chipsets is a plus.
- BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field required.
- Team player that works well with others.
- Solid understanding of how to effectively test code.
- Solid understanding of computer architecture and computer science fundamentals.
- Able to read and understand a relatively old and medium to large code base.
- Independent, organized, and able to work on multiple fast-paced projects at the same time.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Able to diagnose and troubleshoot code you didn't write.
- Embrace trying new things to improve the software development process.
About Comcast Silicon Valley
Looking for an environment with a startup vibe where your ideas affect millions of users and go from conception to deployment in a matter of days or weeks instead of months? Comcast Silicon Valley Innovation Center is hiring talented, focused and dynamic people to build a growing set of products. We are looking for people who thrive in a dynamic, cross-functional, collaborative and casual culture where passionate, skilled people let the best idea win. We offer awesome benefits including: free lunches, discounted Comcast courtesy services (yep that includes all the premium channels, Blast HSI, and home phone), and free on-site access to the Moffett Towers Fitness Club.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer