Comcast Sr. Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, California
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Sr. Software Engineer, Job Description
At Comcast Silicon Valley Innovation Center (CSV) we're changing the way America views entertainment. Literally. If you love being on the cutting edge, we would love for you to be a part of changing Comcast's history.
We're looking for a dedicated and passionate Sr. Engineer to join our cloud networking team. If you have experience building scalable, cloud based, web applications, are excited about impacting millions of users, look no further!
We practice Agile/Scrum methodology and we program in a variety of languages such as Python, Golang, Scala and Node-JS. We are building a large scale and high performance cloud based networking service platform that will deliver the next generation of Internet services across private and public networks.
As aSr. Software Engineer, you will specialize in architecting, programming and working with NoSQL database and real time data analysis platforms. You will build core technology that will enable the delivery of new and revolutionary class of services to millions of Internet users.
- Expertise in building complex distributed database applications
- Experience in building tools and technologies to analyze, aggregate, backup/restore and mine data
Have expertise in building low latency/high throughput data management components to handle large volume of transactions
Solid understanding of algorithm complexity, parallel/distributed systems, advanced data structures, computer networking and operating systems
Experience with building applications for real time analysis of large datasets
- 7-10 years' work experience or equivalent programming in one or more of the following: Node-JS (must), Scala (desirable)
- 5 years' experience with database query languages, storage techniques and performance consideration for high transactional volume of data
- Expertise building highly available and redundant database applications at scale with NoSQL databases, Cassandra preferred
- Experience with data analysis technologies such as Spark, Apache Kafka and ELK
- Experience with data aggregation and analysis techniques using technologies such as Hadoop and HBase
- Assist in the development of tools and techniques for data access, retention and security
Prior experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
Start-up environment experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field. Master's preferred
About Comcast Silicon Valley
Looking for an environment with a startup vibe where your ideas affect millions of users and go from conception to deployment in a matter of days or weeks instead of months? Comcast Silicon Valley Innovation Center is hiring talented, focused and dynamic people to build a growing set of products. We are looking for people who thrive in a dynamic, cross-functional, collaborative and casual culture where passionate, skilled people let the best idea win. We offer awesome benefits including: free lunches, discounted Comcast courtesy services (yep that includes all the premium channels, Blast HSI, and home phone), and free on-site access to the Moffett Towers Fitness Club.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer