Comcast Sr. Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, California
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Sr. Software Engineer to join our Network and Communications engineering team. If you have experience building scalable, cloud based, web applications, are excited about impacting millions of users, look no further!
As aSr. Software Engineer, you will specialize in building high-performance, reliable back-end systems and server-side APIs, creating the interconnectivity fabric of the platform and enabling the provisioning of a new and revolutionary class of services to millions of Internet users.
We practice Agile/Scrum methodology and program in a variety of languages such as Java, GoLang, NodeJS, Scala, or Python. We develop a variety of Software driven network services platforms built with a diverse set of technologies.
- Design and Develop REST and messaging based software infrastructure and build back-end systems and APIs
- Design and develop low latency/high throughput server infrastructure components to handle large volume of transactions
- Analyze requirements, design and develop code, unit test code and test tools
- Present and defend architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across Development, QA, Ops and other cross functional teams
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Develops software update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Supports and develops fellow software engineers.
- Solid understanding of algorithm complexity, parallel/distributed systems, advanced data structures, computer networking and operating systems
- Strong development experience with at least one of Java , GoLang, Python, NodeJS and related development frameworks
- Development expertise in REST/SOAP/JSON API
- Solid working knowledge of NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB or Couchbase, and graph databases-Neo4j or JanusGraph
- Development expertise in message and data pipeline technologies such as Apache Kafka, Kafka Streams, RabbitMQ, Apache Spark/Flink
- Strong working knowledge of cloud service platforms; at least one of Openstack/AWS/Azure/Google Cloud.
- Understanding and experience in distributed system frameworks such as Apache Zookeeper, Etcd, Consul, Mesos/Kubernetes, Containers.
- Development expertise in building NFV, Cloud orchestration and SDN technologies, nice to have
- Development expertise in either ONAP, ONOS or OpenDaylight, nice to have
- Proficiency in Service and Network Modeling such as TOSCA, YANG, nice to have
- Prior experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- 5-8years' work experience or equivalent programming experience
- 5 years' experience with high-scale, high performance and high availability server development
- Masters in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer