AT&T SR. TECH SPECIALIST, NETWORK ARCH & DESIGN in Sydney, Australia
This is a senior technical specialist role with a focus on network architecture and solution design. Successful candidate will be engineering network solutions across a multitude of platforms & technologies including Cisco R&S with ACI, F5 GTM,LTM,APM,ASM, Checkpoint & Palo Alto FW, Blue Coat gateways.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Deliver both high level and detailed/low level solution design artefacts that at a micro & macro level adhere to documented network design standards and are congruent with overall planned future state of the ICT environment and the client's needs. Deliver low level design artefacts to a level that can be used by the 'build' teams to successfully implement the solution.
Build strong working relationships with the customer, lead network architect, a substantial team of peer network design engineers and the account network ops/delivery team.
Strong awareness of the customers’ business and in-depth knowledge of the customer’s environment and support processes
Complying with engineering lifecycle processes.
Assisting operations team occasionally in case of high severity incidents
Support and assist the Team Technology Lead for documentation libraries for the area of your expertise
Lead a project from “design to build” lifecycle and able to manage clear communication with project management
Be self-motivated and able to work through any issues
Key Competencies and Skills:
• 7+ years’ experience in network design / engineering
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
. A strong team player with a “Can do” attitude
• Enterprise Routing & Switching – (Cisco)
• Firewalls equipment (Checkpoint, Palo Alto)
• Switches (Cisco, HPN)
• Load Balancing / Application Delivery Control (F5)
• F5 GTM, LTM, APM, ASM subject matter expert
• Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
• Checkpoint & Palo Alto Firewalls
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Understanding of 24x7 mission critical enterprise computing environments and the impact of service disruption on a company’s bottom line
Education and Qualifications:
Required : CCNP or Equivalent, Bachelor of Science Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent certifications & industry experience.
Strongly Desired : CCIE R&S or Data Centre or Equivalent , F5-CTS, F5-CSE, CCSE