IBM Mainframe Batch and Console Operator in SZEKESFEHERVAR, Hungary
This role is responsible for controlling or monitoring complex computer systems, networks, applications in a multi vendor environment. Also responsible for ensuring proper operations of systems and subsystems and supporting helpdesk or higher level teams to solve arising issues.
Work with Application Development teams to develop, implement, and control high quality batch applications for internal and external customers.
· Setup appropriate scheduling of applications and Operator Instructions relevant to the processing platform.
· First-second level support of batch processing.
· Develop and test custom scripts as necessary.
· Recovery activities in production, disaster tests and during a disaster.
· Monitor and action change requests according to the actual Change Control Process.
· Resolve and document issues via the agreed reporting process.
· Provide education for newcomers
· Provide on call service on customer demand
• YOUR MONEY
Attractive compensation and benefits
Recommend-a-Friend – get a bonus in the employee referral program
Contribution to pension plan
Special IBM discounts
• YOUR LIFE & HEALTH
Private Health insurance (Medicover)
Life InsuranceInternational environment
Travel /Commuting support
Become part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
• YOUR DEVELOPMENT
Long term career development and possibility of internal rotation
Training programs - classroom based training and 5000 e-learning course
Join our Succeeding@IBM Program - a structured onboarding and development program
Benefit from mentoring and coaching
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
English Language (Upper intermediate)
Good communication skills
Problem , Incident & Change Management disciplines
Problem Determination / Analytical Skills
Working in Shift
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Work experience in IT field
Mainframe knowledge (z/OS environment, DB2, FTP, HSM, ISPF, JCL)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.