IBM System Administrator - Unix / Linux in SZEKESFEHERVAR, Hungary
General job role information:
This role is responsible for controlling or monitoring complex computer systems, networks, applications and/or distributed systems in a multi vendor environment. Also responsible for ensuring proper operations of systems and subsystems and supporting Helpdesk or higher level teams to solve arising issues.
General job role responsibilities:
Manages and controls the contracted systems and subsystems
Proactively checks and monitors the contracted systems and subsystems
Ensures systems and subsystems availability according to service level agreements
Uses the incident and problem management tools, processes and services to solve incidents and problems
Uses the change management tools, processes and services to complete the scheduled changes
Initiates and schedules new changes based on change management processes and procedures
Manages all compliance related workload in accordance with the related processes and procedures
Restarts failing system and subsystem components after outages
Provides assistance to Help Desk, if needed
Obtains assistance from more experienced colleagues from the team, if needed
Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned by his / her superior.
Job role specific information:
The Systems Administrator Unix position holder is responsible for the following:
Management and support of the operating system tasks, like:
· System administration of AIX / UNIX and Linux
· Provide 2nd and 3rd level support of AIX / UNIX and Linux for supported services
· Resolve problems and issues occurred on the AIX / UNIX and Linux servers within the times specified in the SLA
· Work through problems and issues to obtain root cause analysis
· Support planning and install of new operating system releases to maintain software currency.
· Support planning and applying cumulative PTF packages.
· Plan and install upgrades/new software, including some local customization.
· Support planning and installation of system software patches to fix identified problems.
· Manage system & software configurations (via change control)
· Manage clusters
· Manage Filesystems ·
· Fine-tune systems/software to improve performance
· Plan and upgrade system firmwares
· User Management (add, edit, modify, delete)
· Ensure that backups (mksysb and filesystem) of services are taking place as required - resolve any errors
What we can offer
Health/insurance related benefits (AYCM sports card, private health insurance, pension plan contribution, life insurance)
Commuting and relocation support
Special discounts with IBM card
New employee referral bonus
International environment, development and career opportunities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
3+ years experience within UNIX
2+ years experience at multinational company
English: at least intermediate level
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
ITIL knowledge and / or certification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.