CRST International Site Supervisor in Tacoma, Washington
Gardner Trucking, Inc., is seeking a results driven, management professional to join their team as Site Supervisor located at their client facility in Tacoma, WA.
Job Summary: The Site Supervisor is responsible for supervision of daily driver activities and assigned equipment as well as working directly with the customer. This includes dispatching freight, load building, customer service, counseling drivers on safety and policy issues, payroll and billing, safety management, and other related activities. Service reporting and Customer Service directly with the customer.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with the customer – Will work on site at the customer location
- Develop strategic plans to reduce customer’s overall transportation costs
- Cost management and P & L responsibilities
- Supervise Customer Service, Planning and Fleet Managers
- Driver Management - oversee the management and retention of 15+ company drivers/ hostlers to include good driver moral, high level of service to customers, safety and efficient and profitable utilization of equipment
- Build and maintain a strong staff - develop bench strength
- Work with KPI’s to provide operational visibility to the customer
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Equipment - scheduling of all maintenance and repairs of all company owned equipment
- Provide On-time service to customer
Experience, Qualifications, and Education:
- 6-12 Months experience in a related field required
- HS Diploma or GED required
- AA or BA in relevant field required
- Management experience preferred.
Gardner Trucking is an EOE. Successful candidates will be subject to a pre employment background check and drug screen.
Location: Tacoma, WA
Employment duration: Full time