HCA, Hospital Corporation of America CT Technologist in Tallahassee, Florida
[Capital Regional Medical Center]
Capital Regional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians. A 266-bed , acute-care hospital ... Capital Regional Medical Center provides the highest quality healthcare in the area. Our comprehensive approach to healthcare includes providing state-of-the art medical services for prevention, early detection and treatment featuring the 3D HD daVinci Surgical System, the Capital Regional Cancer Center, housing the area’s only TomoTherapy Unit for cancer treatment, the Comprehensive Breast Center and Tallahassee’s first heart center. Capital Regional is the only hospital in Tallahassee that makes its ER wait times available to the public encouraging more than 70,000 people chose the Capital Regional Medical Center emergency room each year when seconds count. CRMC, a member of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is located at 2626 Capital Medical Blvd, Tallahassee, FL 32308POSITION SUMMARY:
Under general supervision, operates computed tomography equipment, positions patients to produce diagnostic images in a safe manner and also performs related duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1. Operates CT equipment to produce images, scans of designated portions of body. Adjusts equipment and patient to correct positions for each examination. Instructs and explains procedures to patients. Selects proper technical factors, on an individual patient basis according to established protocols.
Performs reconstruction and special processing (CT Angio) of data. Evaluates completed scans for positioning, technique and adequacy of examination.
Closely observes patients, performs first aid, as necessary, confers with physician when requested examinations do not appear to be clinically appropriate with the patient’s condition, and generally, maintains an acute awareness of any patient under his/her control.
Performs a variety of clerical tasks to include inputting/editing exams, ensuring that the previous report is printed and in the imaging chart and completion of requisition (taken status) prior to sending images to be read.
Records and maintains data on appropriate media and electronic storage, and logs. Responsible for correct identification of images.
Demonstrates customer service principles and behaviors appropriately.
Keeps current regarding developments in trends and techniques of CT by reading technical journals, participating in in-service education programs, attending conferences, etc.
Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination. Maintains orderliness and cleanliness, including provision for the contamination free condition of rooms, equipment and personnel.
Reviews the patient’s chart to obtain pertinent clinical history, correlative test results, and laboratory data and documents this information for the radiologist.
Adheres to prescribed standards of Radiation Safety; participates in the Quality Improvement and safety programs.
Ensures appropriate recording of hours worked, adhering to hospital policy.
Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
Other duties as assigned.
· Service: Strives to meet expectations/needs of customers; responds to concerns with sense of urgency; seeks win-win solutions for unreasonable patient/customer expectations
· Quality/Ethics/Integrity: Seeks opportunities for improvement; prevents small problems from becoming large ones; pays attention to detail; follows instructions and protocol/procedures; adheres to company code of conduct; maintains integrity in all aspects of his/her work
· Relationships: Builds effective working relationships; finds and provides information to clarify situations; expands on original ideas; contributes own ideas; places high priority on other team members’ goals; gains team agreement to support ideas; clearly explains rationale behind ideas/goals; demonstrates sensitivity to differing cultural views and needs; meets attendance and punctuality requirements
· Adaptability: Seeks to understand changes in work tasks/processes; actively seeks information about new tasks/processes; treats change and new tasks/processes as opportunities for learning and personal growth; speaks positively about changes to others; quickly modifies behavior to deal effectively with change
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Associate Degree or equivalent in Radiological Technology required
· ARRT registry required
· State of Florida license required
· BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required
· ARRT registry in CT within 6 months of hire or transfer into CT required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
· Knowledge of cross sectional anatomy Required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, positioning, imaging techniques, and radiation protection (ALARA) concepts and techniques
· Knowledge of radiographic physics
· Knowledge of medical terminology
· Ability to determine exposure factors to achieve optimum radiographic images with a minimum exposure to patients
· Ability to examine images for the purpose of evaluating technique, positioning, and other related qualities
· Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment with patients during procedures
· Ability to position patient and adjust equipment to produce desired results.
· Skill in safe and efficient operation of CT equipment and power injectors.
· Ability to deviate from normal techniques when necessary to develop new and better techniques to keep the department up to date
Title: CT Technologist
Location: Florida-Tallahassee-Capital Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00355-8716