HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Access Team Lead in Tallahassee, Florida
Our Patient Access Team sets the tone for a patient's experience during a potentially trying time. We need Team Leads who arecommitted to providing the best possible Customer Service Experience to our patients. If you like to help others and want to be in the healthcare field, a Patient Access Team Lead position is a good start on this career path.
Job Summary – The Patient Access Team Lead is responsible for providing feedback on daily registration processes and staffing issues to the Patient Access Supervisor or Patient Access Manager. Provide assistance to staff level employees as necessary to insure compliance with department policies and procedures. Assist leadership with staffing, report reconciliation, QA process, and other duties as assigned.
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Staff and order supplies according to budget guidelines and department needs
• Assist Manager and/or Supervisor in creating staff schedules and ensure adequate coverage
• Model AIDET guidelines in all interactions with the patient and ensure staff are adhering to the patient experience expectations. AIDET Patient Communication Model is Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, and Thank You.
•Promote and demonstrate excellent customer service
• Maintain QA statistics (including patient wait times, etc.) and report results to Supervisor or Manager.
• Oversee daily activities of the registration area to insure department standards are met
• Assist Supervisor and/or Manager in educating registration staff of any changes pertinent to their roles
• When appropriate, relieve staff members during employee sick/vacation time
• Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of medical information, assignment of insurance benefits and payment of services from legally responsible patients
• Work closely and professionally with nursing and ancillary departments in effort to maintain a teamwork approach
• Excel in all functions performed by patient representatives in all registration areas
• Collect and request deposits and copays
•Assume on-call responsibilities to insure adequate staffing and problem-solving, including weekend or overnight coverage
• Register all patient types
• Assist in resolving patient concerns
• Assist Supervisor or Manager to insure all personnel department policies and procedures are followed
• Act in capacity of Supervisor or Manager in his/her absence, and inform Supervisor or Manager of all issues upon his/her return
• Maintain effectiveness of patient flow
• Attend in-service presentations and complete mandatory education, including but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA standards.
• Demonstrate knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilize system to report potential patient safety issues.
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Other duties as assigned
At least one year of related experience required, especially from a hospital or outpatient medical facility.Customer Service experience in a leadership role is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
•Customer Service orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcome by providing training, advice and feedback to assist/support employees in achieving established performance standards
• Tactical execution - assist in monitoring operational processes and making recommendations for changes/adjustments as needed during the implementation or change to new products or processes
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
High School Diploma or GED required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in an office environment or hospital setting. Requires prolonged sitting/standing for long periods of time (depending on the duration of the shift, this could be 7-10 hours), some bending, stooping, walking and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports or other information. Requires lifting papers/boxes and pushing/pulling up to 25 pounds occasionally. Pushing computer cart on wheels while registering patients during the duration of the shift (which could be 7-10 hours). Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry, upset or emotional people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Patient Access Team Lead
Location: Florida-Tallahassee-Capital Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08945-156437