AmeriHealth Caritas Investigator in Tampa, Florida
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
The Investigator is responsible for conducting comprehensive investigations of reported, alleged or suspected fraud involving the full range of products at the AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies (ACFC).
- Ensures compliance with all requirements related to Special Investigation Units and fraud, waste and abuse investigations.
- Conducts investigations of potential fraud, waste and/or abuse with a focus on thoroughness and attention to detail, quality, timeliness and cost control.
- Conducts comprehensive interviews with providers, members and witnesses to obtain information which would be considered admissible under generally accepted criminal and civil rules of evidence.
- Proactively performs research using the Internet, data analysis tools, etc., to analyze aberrant claims billing and practice patterns.
- Analyzes data as part of the investigative process using available fraud detection software and corporate resources.
- Represents ACFC in conducting settlement negotiations with providers, counsel and/or other associated parties.
- Prepares and submits investigative reports covering all phases of the investigation.
- Interprets and conveys highly technical information to others.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with public officials, law enforcement and others to obtain assistance in conducting investigations.
- Accredited Health Care Fraud Examiner (AHFI) and/or Certified Insurance Fraud Investigator (CIFI) Required or eligible to obtain within 1 year of employment
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Accredited Health Care Fraud Examiner (AHFI) and/or Certified Insurance Fraud Investigator (CIFI) Required or eligible to obtain within 1 year of employment.
- Experience with LTSS preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and manage a high volume of assignments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality required handling information that is considered personal and confidential.
- Analytical skills and ability to make deductions; logical and sequential thinker.
- A minimum of 3 years experience conducting comprehensive insurance investigations; interacting with state, federal and local law enforcement agencies.
- Law enforcement experience preferred
- SIU and/or State Medicaid regulatory compliance work experience a plus
- Knowledge and proficiency in claims adjudication standards & procedures preferred
- Experience with Medicaid, Medicare, and/or pharmacy benefit reimbursement. Specific experience required driven by business needs.
- Solid knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare, and pharmacy benefit laws and requirements; federal, state, civil and criminal statutes.
- Experience with decision support tools used for data analysis
- Advanced knowledge and experience working on various approaches to fraud, waste and abuse
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Excel required.
- Knowledge of available resources (internal and external) to assist in investigations.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled