US Foods Intern - IT - Tech Support Analyst in Tempe, Arizona
US Foods is seeking talented students who are looking for hands-on summer experience working on a team of Technical Support Analysts. This role includes responding system alerts and troubleshooting and resolving various technical issues and provides opportunities for students to apply their academic skills in a real world setting.
The US Foods Summer Internship Program provides a forum for students to apply classroom skills and academic training in a real world business environment. In addition to being assigned business-impacting projects throughout the summer, students will be matched with a manager who will meet with them on a regular basis to provide direction on assignments as well as deliver performance feedback and a mentor who will be available to offer day-to-day guidance and support.
Embracing the organization’s core values, the US Foods Summer Internship Program Mission is to TEAM UP to build a supportive learning environment where we TALK STRAIGHT about performance development by delivering constructive feedback and positive reinforcement to deliver SECOND TO NONE program experiences to those students who spend their summers with us.
US Foods internships are full-time paid positions (40 hours per week from May - August) with the possibility of transitioning to a full-time position post-graduation dependent on availability and overall performance.
Please note: We are unable to provide internships to students that require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). Candidates who possess the unqualified right to work in the United States are eligible to apply.
In addition, no housing allocation will be provided, so local-residing candidates are encouraged to apply.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitors system and production processing performance
• Responds to system alerts and problems
• Opens, troubleshoots and routes problem tickets
• Identifies, analyzes and resolves issues including escalations when appropriate
• Documents problem resolution utilizing standard procedures/tools
• Communicates problem resolution and their impact to customers
• Assists in the deployment of solutions and associated documentation
• Participates in deployment checkout procedures
• Manages own work load including administrative work for self
• Completes assigned work in a timely and high quality manner
• Reports on progress of own deliverables
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Must be enrolled in school during time of internship
• Typically, students currently between their Junior and Senior years or between their 1st and 2nd years of graduate school will be considered for internships
• Must have regular, reliable method of transportation to commute to US Foods’ location
Preferred Skills in One of the Following Domains:
• Experience/exposure to incident & problem management
• Experience/exposure to deploying software via BigFix
• Experience troubleshooting desktop and laptop issues in a Windows environment
• Experience imaging and deploying laptops
• Experience physically adding hardware
• Experience/exposure to Broadband, NPLS, Ethernet, 4G backup, LEC/CER and CSU troubleshooting
• Experience/exposure to Cisco Nexus Routing, F5 LTM, Load Balancing, Cisco VPN, ADC
• Experience/exposure to Solarwinds, Viptela, DNS, Firewalls
Primary Location: Tempe-AZ
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Office/Clerical
Job Level: Individual Contributor