HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Operating Room Surgical Technician (Certified) - Full Time in Terre Haute, Indiana
Operating Room Surgical Technician (Certified) – Full Time, 11a-11:30p/7p-7:30a rotating shifts working every other weekend
Terre Haute Regional Hospitalis looking for a Certified Surgical Tech to joinour Trauma/SurgeryTeamto work with our outstanding physicians and staff to provide excellent care to a wide array of patients requiring surgical intervention. Expanding services to include DaVinci Robotic Surgery. Our9-room ORoffer surgical services for:*Trauma, Thoracic, Cardiac Services, Open Heart, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Spine, Urology, Gynecology, ENT and Ophthalmology. *We are a Level II Trauma Center offering 24/7 Trauma/Surgical Services since July of 2015.
Previous scrub experience preferred with major trauma center experience being a plus!BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider certification via the American Heart Association and Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) credential required upon hire.
Regional Hospital is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America. We are dedicated to our Mission, Values and Vision and are committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve. Terre Haute Regional Hospital looks forward to continuing to serve its friends and neighbors and growing with the community.
MISSION- Our promise is to provide the highest quality, compassionate care-every patient, every time.
VISION- To Be The Healthcare Provider of Choice For The Wabash Valley And The Customers We Serve.
VALUES- Integrity, Courage, Accountability, Respect, Exceed Expectations
/We’re more than a hospital, we’re a family!/ * Awesome tuition reimbursement and educational resources, comprehensive benefits, caring and supportive team, plus outstanding leadership. * First Wabash Valley Hospital to be designated as an Accredited Chest Pain Center * Level II Trauma Center * The Paul Seibenmorgen Cancer Center at Terre Haute Regional Hospital has received the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer approval with commendation. * Regional Hospital recently earned a 6th-straight 'A' grade in Leapfrog Hospital Safety rankings
Essential educational/licensure, skills and experience:
- Graduate from a surgical technologies program or completed a surgical technology program provided by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force Marine Corps, or Coast Guard, or the commissioned corps of the United States Public Health Service. Exception to this would be an individual practicing surgical technology during the twelve-month period immediately following the completion of a degree from an accredited school for surgical technology.
- Certified Surgical Tech required
- Current certification in Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and ability to work in stressful situations in a fast paced environment
- Completes 15 continuing education credits concerning surgical technology annually.
- Previous scrub experience preferred.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Operating Room Surgical Technician (Certified) - Full Time
Location: Indiana-Terre Haute-Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00097-5673