Waste Management Equipment Operator, Farming Equipment in TEXAS CITY, Texas
Title: Equipment Operator, Farming Equipment
Location: United States-Texas-Texas City
Job Number: 18006003
Equal OpportunityEmployer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), aFortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste andenvironmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to afoundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financialstrength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential,commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through anetwork of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recyclingfacilities and waste-based energy production projects.
- The Equipment & Farm Operator will be responsible foroperating earth moving equipment in support of company grading and siteoperations.
- Texas City – Local Candidates
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Construct/grade new roads, building pads and waterretention ponds to proper slope and grade specifications.
- Operate equipment efficiently to maintain production goals.
- General housekeeping and maintenance checks of equipmentincluding reporting usage/utilization hours daily or as directed by supervisor.
- The use of a shovel to move material will be necessary.
- Working in varying weather conditions.
- Keep company work site clean and orderly, informingmanagement of any safety concerns.
- Perform any other general duties as specified.
Equipment to be operated and tasked to be performed:
- Mowing Tractor with environmental cab and batwing brush hog
- 4 WD 300 HP Tractor with environmental cab
- Rome Disc Plow 24” disc
- Hydraulic Drag 48”- 60”
- Skid Steer Loader with environmental cab
- Zero Turn 72” Mower
- Weed Wacker
- Pole Saw
- Pickup Truck
Other tasks include:
- Assisting with Plot sampling
- Disking Land Farm Plots
- General Inspections and maintenance
- Grading of Plots
- NPDES Permit Sampling
- Site Mowing and Weed Whacking
- Disking and Groundwater Monitoring
- Site Road Maintenance
- Maintaining Site signs and fencing
- Capable of programming GPS installed devices.
- Experience fine grading with various types of Farm Equipment
- Valid Driver’s license
- 3-4 Years of equipment operation experience withequipment mentioned above.
- Off Road Truck: Ability to safely & efficiently operatein any direction
- Backhoe: Able to pick up and move materials onsite withfront bucket. Capable of using “backhoe” controls on the rear digging arm tooperate machine, capable of digging a trench with rear arm.
- Farm tractor: has ability to operate, pull pan, box blade,or disc.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Have the ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to40 pounds.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Flexible availability to include overtime and possibleweekends.
- Will vary making it necessary to tolerate weatherconditions, such as rain and extreme temperatures. Employees may be exposed todust, dirt, varying temperatures, loud noises, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individualswith disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee isregularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk orhear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reachwith hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
At Waste Management, each eligibleemployee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical,Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as aStock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees alsoreceive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note thatbenefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunitythat you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Labor General/Skilled/Trade