Chenega Corporation Material Expediter-CI in Texas
CHENEGA INFINITY, LLC
Company Job Title:
Material Expediter- CI
Chenega Job Title:
SCA WD Labor Category:
Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
Non-Exempt, Full Time, SCA
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
· TheMaterial Expediters/Forklift Operatorshall perform the following tasks as well as other transportation and USLC facility duties as assigned, and coordinate on a daily basis with the DA, Project Manager, other USLC employees, customers, brokers and industry and Government representatives to successfully complete the USLC mission. TheMaterial Expediters/Forklift Operatoris a non-supervisory position under the supervision of the Project Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
· Provide logistical support to the U.S. Embassy and U.S. Consulates in Mexico.
· Provide shipping expertise to assure the USLC provides efficient and effective logistical support for the serviced organizations and agencies.
· Coordinate closely with the GSO and IPO staff at the Embassy and various Consulates to arrange and expediting all incoming and outgoing shipments of household effects (HHE), privately-owned vehicles (POV), official vehicles (OFV), diplomatic pouches, other personal and official property, supplies, and equipment between the U.S. and Mexico and assure safe transport of goods across the border.
· Use the Department of State's ILMS Transportation and DPM system to process international and domestic shipments to include the creation of GBL's, packer authorizations, pouch manifests and customs clearance documents.
· Work closely with the Shipping Assistant located at the Consulate office in Matamoros as needed on the cancelation of temporary import permits (TIP’s) and any customs issues relating to shipping to, from and within Mexican territory.
· Develop and maintain positive relationships with officials of shipping, packing, brokering, and transfer companies to facilitate prompt and efficient service and to expedite the solutions to shipment problems.
· Keep the DA, Traffic Manager and Warehouse Manager advised of any problems, issues and recommend solutions.
· Review and approve shipment documentation assuring that the customs clearance functionality is complete for all shipments; examine shipments, packing, and transfer companies' bills and any complaints concerning their services; make recommendations to the Warehouse Manager on all shipment matters; keep records and prepare reports and correspondence on various aspects of shipment matters; and may handle very complex and sensitive cases with little or no assistance.
· Develop and maintain excellent relations with U.S. and Mexican Customs officials to facilitate solutions to shipping and customs clearance problems.
· Work closely with the Warehouse Manager to help secure the release of inbound containers and other loose freight from foreign posts.
· Perform X-ray security screening on all mail and courier cargo entering the facility.
· Perform X-ray Image interpretation to detect potential dangerous goods, hazardous devices and listed prohibited items.
· Understand the fundamentals and application of the Department of State 14 FAM Exhibit 723.2 regulations as it pertains to Diplomatic Pouch and Mail Operations
· Perform Mail & Pouch functions including but not limited to: receive and sort all incoming mail, courier deliveries and parcel shipments destined for the U.S. Embassy and supported Consulates offices in Mexico and other countries.
· Prepare, tag, invoice and record all outgoing diplomatic bags and shipments, input tracking data into the ILMS system and use the tools within the system to advise intended recipients of the shipment information.
· Prepare and maintain all necessary paperwork and files related to these shipments.
· Follow all necessary procedures for the control of certified and otherwise registered or controlled mail and parcels.
· Successfully attend and complete the X-ray Security Screening Course (Government furnished) when provided.
· Participate in fulfilling the cleanliness and upkeep of the USLC. Housekeeping duties to achieve these goals will be a minor but important part of the regular responsibilities which will require each employee to know the locations of various supplies and materials.
· Promote/Maintain a positive warehouse/office environment.
· Certified forklift operator
· Perform a variety of assignments related to the handling and moving of materials and the stuffing and unloading of containers and trailers.
· Responsible for moving HHE and supplies to and from storage areas using a forklift, pallet jack or other appropriate equipment. In doing so, the operator will ensure that lift vans, pallet loads and individual crates are securely fastened, wrapped and banded, and if not, will accomplish those tasks with the appropriate equipment.
· Ensure that freight is properly stored and recorded correctly.
· Drive the mail truck when necessary to pick up the mail from the Brownsville Post Office and return it to the USLC.
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· Training and/or experience in coordinating the shipment of either domestic and/or international personal effects/supply shipments.
· Minimum High school diploma or equivalent and two years of verifiable specialized shipping industry experience as well as additional experience in warehouse operations. Qualifying experience will include experience in the physical receipt, custody, care, distribution and control of material.
· Certified forklift operator.
· Knowledge of the transportation/logistics industry including a basic understanding of the principles of transportation.
· Verifiable minimum of two years of work experience in a service type organization including personal interaction with customer/clients.
· Use a keyboard for data input and type at 40 wpm or above. Candidate should be familiar with use of a spreadsheets and statistical graph/chart applications to fulfill report requirements. These requirements must be verifiable.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish, strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated good communication skills.
· Ability to use the Department of State's ILMS system.
· Ability to obtain and maintain a Moderate Risk Public Trust background check.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of coordinating the shipment of either domestic and/or international personal effects/supply shipments
· Knowledge of transportation/logistics industry
· Knowledge of Department of State 14 FAM Exhibit 723.2 regulations as it pertains to Diplomatic Pouch and Mail Operations
· Certified forklift operator
· Skill to perform X-ray security screening on all mail and courier cargo entering the facility and interpret X-ray images to detect potential dangerous goods, hazardous devices and listed prohibited items.
· Skill to use keyboard for data entry and type at least 40 wpm
· Ability to coordinate the shipment of personal effects
· Ability to fluently speak English and Spanish
· Ability to use the DOS ILMS system
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Organization: Chenega Infinity
Title: Material Expediter-CI
Requisition ID: 1900000319