Brinks Mgr Customer Service in th Ave, New York
Mgr Customer Service
Requisition #:23839Location:580 5th Ave NY US-Global Svcs - B0242
Functional Area:Customer SupportEducation Required:None
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:7 - 10 Years
Brink’s Global Services is a division of Brink’s Inc, the world’s premier provider of secure logistics and security solutions in more than 122 countries across 5 continents. Brink’s Global Services specializes in the secure transportation and handling of valuable goods throughout the logistic value chain, from raw materials and components to finished products within the mining, banknote, precious metal, jewellery, security, art and pharmaceutical industries. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Manager – Customer Service – US based out of our New York offices.
This position is primarily responsible for overseeing and managing the day to day Customer Service function for all operational locations across the US. The qualified candidate will be responsible for ensuring all service policies and processes are consistently applied and effective. In addition the position will provide tactical day to day leadership support to all BGS General Managers and all internal partners in all matters related to Customer Service while supporting the divisions goal of operating in a financially efficient manner. Finally this role will work in partnership with BGS US CIT Operations and where necessary provide direction to local CIT leadership during the cross functional fulfillment of BGS customer shipments and related other BGS consumer obligations originating from geography without a local BGS office.
• Responsible for setting and managing the customer service roadmap as well as for defining and designing all aspects of process implementation for the division.
• Coordinates operational resources including staff, technology and training to ensure outstanding customer experiences are achieved while maintaining efficiency. This will be achieved through partnering with existing Brinks BGS and CIT resources as necessary and key executives within the BGS footprint.
• Provides direction and structure for Customer Service locations across the BGS US footprint to help generate a higher ROI and optimal workflow utilisation, including but not limited to training initiatives, establishing key metrics, driving and monitoring productivity and improving business process.
• Partners with other operational leaders to resolve recurring issues and provide long term solutions.
• Effectively manage all Customer Service processes and work closely with Operations, Sales and Security to ensure the right decisions are made at the right time, appropriate communication occurs and that plans are intelligently adjusted to reflect necessary fluctuations in goals and requirements as business needs change.
• Ensure secure, safe and efficient handling of the operations (including armored transportation, inventory management, sort activity, show services and domestic network operations,) according to the Brinks standards, processes and procedures (especially the GSR and the BGS Procedures Manual)
• Apply company guidelines and goals in respect to working conditions, atmosphere and performance of directly subordinated staff.
• Assist in the revision, updating and/or development of operational SOPs for BGS locations throughout the US.
• Manage and control all issues in respect to processes, procedures, airline handling, authorities and third party service providers.
• Respond to incoming communications from internal and external customers and where necessary resolve and escalate issues as needed including the providing of product line data and the quoting of prices for all services.
• Ensure all transportation arrangements are made with full consideration of security implications, according to the BGS Procedures and within the General security regulations (GSR).
• Work closely with Sales and other internal departments to ensure that all orders are correct, relationships are managed effectively and information is moved seamlessly among internal departments. On a daily basis will need to ensure that support is provided to Account Executives included but not limited to quote creation, pricing communications, collection of debt/payments and management of service level failures to ensure they do not repeat.
• Work closely with clients to ensure they are appropriately trained/up to date on all operations and security processes including but not limited to documentation integrity, packing, reception, and dispatching.
• Conduct routine visits and audits of field location processes and work closely with Operations and Sales to ensure that all new and existing clients are being serviced effectively.
• Provide updates and manage the training of field staff, new hires and participate in all operational staff onboarding efforts to ensure consistent application and dissemination of the company’s service mission and imperative.
• Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in Customer Service in positions of increasing responsibility with a focus on multiple location management and process implementation.
• Minimum of 10 years of Customer Service experience in support of retail and/or front facing customer service operations with a focus on process change and new product implementation.
• Minimum 5 years experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Must be 21 years of age
• Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
• Experience creating and implementing both customer service policy/process and the technology to support the same.
• Extensive knowledge of freight forwarding and supply chain operations.
• Strong business acumen and the ability to influence and develop strong working relationships within a global organization.
• Exceptional problem solver with the ability to transition between detailed data and high-level conclusion/recommendations.
• Experience interpreting data analytics to derive business insight and drive customer value.
• Experience working within a matrixed organization in which leadership and results are driven through influence and relationships rather than mandate.
• Proven track record of documenting, implementing and auditing of SOP’s designed to improve operational efficiencies and ROI.
• High level of integrity where personal and professional values are aligned with the company’s mission, vision and leadership framework.
• Self-aware and self-motivated - comfortable operating with minimal direction and will thrive in a dynamic environment as a leader influencing change and transformation.
• Responsive performance driven
• Able to translate the organization’s vision into operational, quantitative plans, goals and schedules for improvement.
• Credible and savvy operator who will be perceived as a trusted consultant and functional expert to senior management, an influential advisor; bold and courageous whilst having the antennae to understand cultural and political nuance.
• Ability to forge strong relationships and work collaboratively within the global network and regional business setting.
• Aptitude to gain credibility with senior leadership and inspire them to understand the value of the strategic pharmaceutical line of business vision.
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s Global Services.
Brink’s Global Services, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top