Brinks Product Manager in th Ave, New York
Requisition #:27083Location:580 5th Ave NY US-Global Svcs - B0242
Functional Area:Education Required:None
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:5 - 7 Years
Brink’s Global Services is a division of Brink’s Inc. the world’s premier provider of secure logistics and security solutions in more than 122 countries across 5 continents. Brink’s Global Services specializes in the secure transportation and handling of valuable goods throughout the logistic value chain, from raw materials and components to finished products within the mining, banknote, precious metal, jewelry, security, art and pharmaceutical industries The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Project Manager to oversee our high volume high margin Diamond and Jewelry Low Value Parcel portion of our logistics/customer shipping business based out of our NYC office in the heart of the NY Diamond/Jewelry district.
Reporting to the BGS US Vice President this position will work primarily in support of the Diamond and Jewelry Brinks Connect / Low Value Parcel shipping operation. The position oversees and interacts with both our day to day domestic and international shipping customers and our key internal operations/customer service teams in fulfillment of all customer orders. The position manages three (3) employees and ensures that the process initiated by Sales and concluded by our Field Operations team proceeds with efficiency and at the highest level of customer service, in addition the position will focus on high level data analysis, process mapping and operations integration strategies with location leadership and the formulation of sales strategies in coordination with the D&J Sales team as necessary.
• Work closely with the Director of US Operations, Senior Director of Business Development and Sales, Customer Service Management and location General Managers in the setting of and management of the operations roadmap related to the LVP process as well as the defining and designing of all aspects of process implementation for the division in relation to the processing of all Brinks Connect / LVP shipments..
• Assist in the coordination of operational resources including staff, technology and training to ensure outstanding customer experiences are achieved while maintaining efficiency. This will be achieved through partnering with existing Brinks BGS resources, international and domestic affiliates and key executives within the BGS footprint.
• Collaborate and work internally with Customer Service, Sales, Finance and Security to understand how each department cross functionally operates and operates to satisfy all customer needs. Provides training solutions on the Brinks Connect and LVP process and works with department leadership accordingly.
• Assist in the revision, updating and/or development of operational SOPs related to the LVP process and coordinates implementation of said process across all support departments and customers.
• With the assistance of a Supervisor routinely monitors shipments and the processing of customer shipments to ensure accuracy, on time delivery and that the division is providing the highest level of customer service at all times.
• Coordinates with affiliates, Finance, Sales and Operations all corresponding rates/pricing and monitors rate system to ensure that all customer information is up to date and accurate.
• Responsible for managing all Process Improvement efforts and work regularly through auditing and customer feedback to make process changes/streamline internal efforts.
• At the direction of the BGS US Vice President or his/her designee will manage international and domestic shipping projects with a focus on increased divisional profitability and improved customer service.
• Travel to international and domestic customers to conduct training and product line implementation as needed.
• Maintain effective working relationships and effectively communicate on matters pertaining to operations
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum of five (5) years of progressive business experience implementing customer solutions/project management experience in a matrix environment that is operationally and customer service driven and/or where the relationship between customer solution implementations needs is balanced with profitability of the business.
• Demonstrated track record of results and product implementation experience or transferrable internal BGS/Brinks experience in Sales/Operations or Customer Service.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience with MICROSOFT OFFICE products with a focus on Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
• 21 years of age
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related field.
• Experience in FedEx or UPS operations management
• Experience managing the implementation of new products, business strategies
• Strong business acumen and the ability to influence and develop strong working relationships within a global organization.
• Exceptional problem solver with the ability to transition between detailed data and high-level conclusion/recommendations.
• Experience interpreting data analytics to derive business insight and drive customer value.
• Proven track record of documenting, implementing and auditing of SOP’s designed to improve operational efficiencies and ROI.
• High level of integrity where personal and professional values are aligned with the company’s mission, vision and leadership framework.
• Self-aware and self-motivated - comfortable operating with minimal direction and will thrive in a dynamic environment as a leader influencing change and transformation.
• Responsive performance driven
• Able to translate the organization’s vision into operational, quantitative plans, goals and schedules for improvement.
• Credible and savvy operator who will be perceived as a trusted consultant and functional expert to senior management, an influential advisor; bold and courageous whilst having the antennae to understand cultural and political nuance.
• Ability to forge strong relationships and work collaboratively within the global network and regional business setting.
• Aptitude to gain credibility with senior leadership and inspire them to understand the value of the strategic pharmaceutical line of business vision.
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s Global Services US, Inc.. Brink’s provides an outstanding total compensation package for this position. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer to eligible employee’s medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top