Shell Carbon Policy Advisor in The Hague, NL, Netherlands
Carbon Policy Advisor
No. of Positions:
Climate Change is one of the greatest environmental challenges facing the world today. The regulatory landscape is evolving rapidly. Here is your chance to make a difference by supporting Shell’s commitment to reduce the Net Carbon Footprint of its energy products, together with increasing internal and external interests in carbon topics like management of methane emissions, nature-based solutions and carbon capture.
Where you fit
The role sits in Group Carbon which has a global role spanning all Shell Group Businesses and Functions. It must establish exemplary working relationships with Shell’s businesses globally in order to positively influence business and investment decisions. The ability to motivate and inspire, strong delivery focus, persistence, and the ability to collaborate are critical. The team works in an environment characterised by change and uncertainty which means the incumbent needs to be able to understand the big picture, think strategically and make decisions in situations of ambiguity.
What’s the role?
Within Shell, Group Carbon plays a key role in providing functional direction, support and leadership, on issues related to greenhouse gas emissions. Group Carbon also provides an external global role through involvement in external carbon related initiatives such as the Oil and Gas Climate Initiative. This role will:
• Lead and coordinate internally the development of carbon policies and design of related regulatory programs on behalf of Group Carbon
• Strategically assess and maintain an overview of Group Carbon’s participation in carbon related external initiatives
• Keep up-to-date awareness of the external policy landscape, proactively assess trends and define potential impact.
• Understand, assess and communicate succinctly the impact of climate change policies on Shell, including coordinating views from impacted businesses and functions.
Auto req ID:
Country of Work Location:
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What we need from you
We’re keen to speak to talented individuals with experience in policy making and advocacy, preferably with a background in Energy Transition and/or environmental issues. You’ve probably gained this experience working in government administrations, NGOs or Trade Associations.
You have excellent stakeholder management skills and you are able to influence even without formal organizational authority. You also have excellent communications skills, both oral and written. Proven ability to develop and craft key messages. Mastery of the English language is required.
We expect you to have a bachelors’ degree with a significant amount of experience in a policy maker or regulatory role, in climate and energy policy and advocacy.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
• We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
• We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
• We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
• We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
City, State (if applicable):
The Hague, NL
- Shell Jobs