Occidental Petroleum Accountant Midstream (WES) in The Woodlands, Texas
Title: Accountant Midstream (WES) Location: United States-Texas-The Woodlands Other Locations:
Western Midstream is looking to fill the position of Accountant. This role will collaborate with producers, commercial development and operations to account for company midstream allocations and settlements .
Western Midstream provides competitive compensation package and potential for professional development and growth.
• Perform plant/system allocations for midstream assets.
• Record revenues and cost of product related to assigned assets.
• Prepare operational summaries (financials) which capture revenues, cost of product, opex, capital, etc.
• Account reconciliations.
• Work closely with operations and commercial development to stay abreast of changes related to assets.
• Review contracts to be sure all revenues and costs are being accounted for correctly.
• Prepare various monthly plant settlement reports.
• Assist with internal/external customer/auditor inquiries.
The qualifications:ideal candidate must:
• Have strong analytical and research skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask and work towards tight deadlines;
• Ability to interact and use influencing skills effectively with all levels of the organization, as well as with external representatives;
• Have flexible work attitude and ability to successfully manage changing priorities;
• Have knowledge and understanding of oil and gas industry accounting;
• Have strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with employees and managers across the organization, as well as with external auditors and producers;
• At least 2 years of previous accounting experience;
• Experience in oil and gas industry is a plus.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Business administration
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status