McKesson AR Manager in The Woodlands, Texas
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Reporting to the Finance Manager - Research, the position will be responsible for managing and supervising the work load of co-workers in the collection and reconciliation of receivable accounts, working capital analysis and trending, as well as performing and managing research of large dollar accounts and proactively resolving issues and/or discrepancies at the account, trial and practice levels. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards
• Hires, supervises, trains and evaluates collections, accounts receivable personnel within the Research Finance organization
• Responsible for accurate and timely collections of all receivables to ensure the lowest accounts receivable possible and optimal reimbursement
• Resolves A/R issues by contacting pharmacy companies, network practice and members of the various functional teams of research
• Respond to routine and complex inquiries in a timely and professional manner
• Performs and managers the revenue, A/R and collections reconciliation
• Maintains working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to assigned responsibilities and communicates regulatory and industry standards to employees
• Works with Research department to establish credit limits based on review of companies financial statements and metric ratios
• Reviews, analyzes and trends monthly Cash and A/R reports in order to identify issues, improve efficiencies and revenue capture
• Drafts account receivable policies, procedures, collection strategies, A/R training programs, as well as implementation and communication plans
• Directs the work load of co-workers to ensure Collections and Account Receivables are posted and collected in a timely manner, report reviews, ensures tasks are completed and deadlines are met
• Trains staff on set policy and procedures while following the iLEAD and iCARE principles.
• Monthly reporting and analytics of Working Capital and Cash Flow for Research
• Works with Sr. Management in the development of working capital reports and metrics to drive and improve Balance Sheet and Cash Flow management
• Other duties as assigned
3 years of financial or accounting experience and demonstrated leadership skills
• Proficiency with computer systems, Microsoft Office Outlook (Word, Power Point and Excel) are required
• At least five years of A/R experience required
• SAP Experience.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills are a must, as well as the ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Specialized Knowledge/Skills –
• Must be comfortable working in a rapidly growing environment
• Knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems
• Excellent project management and analytical skills
• Strong organizational, problem solving and decision making skills
• Experience in Oracle / SAP preferred
4-year degree in finance or related field or equivalent experience
• Physical Requirements: Using a computer most of the day
• Work is performed in an office, clinical or classroom environment
• Work will involve in-person, phone and/or tele-presence interaction with co-workers, management, network partners, and/or clients
Work may require minimal travel to other McKesson organizations, network partners and client locations
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Organization: McKesson Specialty Health
Title: AR Manager
Location: Texas-The Woodlands
Requisition ID: 18006314