McKesson Network Accounting Manager in The Woodlands, Texas
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
This position will strategically manage the Network accounting related functions for a number of Network practices. The primary focus of this role is working with the Sr Manager to identify process improvement opportunities and drive them to completion while managing all month end close activities. To be successful the candidate needs to be able to influence and persuade stakeholders throughout the organization and must embrace change throughout all levels of the organization.
Another main aspect of the role is to focus on team management and talent development to build strong bench strength for future McKesson leaders. The candidate must be a talent champion, true believer in team development and empowerment, and be able to create a team atmosphere of continuous improvement to exceed the expected results.
The essential skill requirements of this role are empowering the team, embracing change, and enjoying working in an environment where change is encouraged and an impact can be made.
• Manage team through monthly close, analytics, and control activities
• Manage monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for the Network
• Manage approval and review of monthly reconciliations
• Manage ad hoc analysis
• Work closely with all McKesson Specialty Health accounting functions
• Support of multiple internal and external customers
• Identify opportunities for McKesson best practices and manage implementations of solutions for process improvements
• Team management and talent development
5 years accounting experience including 2 years managerial experience
• Project/Process Management – Must have a demonstrated ability to lead projects or handle large, complex processes. Also must have a mindset that is oriented to constantly drive process improvement
• Building & Managing Organizational Talent – Attract, select and develop the highest caliber of talent available. Consistently places the right people in the right positions and assures they are successful in their roles
• Proven ability to multi-task while meeting various deadlines
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Experience in PeopleSoft beneficial
• SAP experience helpful
• Excellent oral and written communications skills to effectively interact with a wide variety of people
• Advanced Excel skills (daily use of vlookups, pivot tables, sumifs, if statements) needed
4-year degree in accounting or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Organization: McKesson Specialty Health
Title: Network Accounting Manager
Location: Texas-The Woodlands
Requisition ID: 18002926