HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Vice President - Operations - FT Days in Thornton, Colorado
North Suburban Medical Centerin Thornton, Colorado. Just 10 minutes north of Denver. North Suburban Medical Center has established a reputation as a facility responsive to patient and community expectations. Our mission, vision, and values were developed as guides so that we continuously understand and respond to our patient and community expectations. We are committed to Patient Safety. Our Mission: To Serve. To Heal. To Care. Our Values: North Suburban’s core values are designed to guide our organization in its commitment to serve, to heal and to care for you. We believe safety and quality of care are the keystones of our work. We treat each other and our patients with compassion and respect. We are honest and ethical in all we say and do. We demonstrate our commitment to excellence by persistently exploring growth and improvement opportunities. We exceed the expectations of our patients, families and the community. We accomplish our mission and vision through collaboration and teamwork. Our team of physicians, nurses, therapists, technologists, pharmacists, residents, dietitians, and support staff is dedicated to ensuring patients receive the highest standard of patient care and comfort.
TheVP of Operationsis responsible for the leadership of hospital operations as directed by the CEO. In addition, the VP oversees hospital operations, construction projects, and physical plant. Accountable for accreditation surveys and regulatory compliance for the hospital. He/She is responsible for planning, budgeting, and organization of various departments to achieve operational and strategic objectives while staying within budgetary guidelines. Assures that the general technical and administrative day-to-day functions of the assigned departments are carried out.
* Responds and adapts to changing expectations by altering goals and objectives, reprioritizes as necessary.
* Evaluates, establishes and implements new procedures and instrumentation. Reviews existing procedures and policies implements change where needed.
* Develops and implements department strategic plan based on hospital plans.
* Assures that personnel management for the departments is conducted within the guidelines of hospital policies and procedures for human resource management.
* Counsels personnel concerning performance, attitude and interpersonal relationships.
* Addresses staff problems in a professional and timely manner. * Manages departmental employees in a fair, competent manner thereby promoting high employee morale. Characterized by open communication, response to employee input/concerns, employee participation in decision-making, and recognition of employee achievements. * Assumes responsibility for ongoing professional development. * Directs and assist continuing education and competency assessment for the departments. * Interviews, hires, supervises, develops and evaluates employees in the departments. * Provides administrative oversight for the operations of assigned departments and appraises the performance of respective department heads, including authority to hire and dismiss subject to the approval of the Chief Executive Officer. * Communicates routinely with the CEO concerning policy recommendations and suggested courses of action pertinent to the efficient operation of assigned departments. Implements new policies and disseminates pertinent information. * Recommends improvement of hospital facilities in assigned areas, including construction of renovation of structures and purchase of new equipment. * Participates in the development of the organization’s strategic plans to meet the needs of the community and organization’s financial targets. * Encourages and assists department heads in establishing a measure of performance, increased productivity, quality improvement, cost controls and maximum utilization of facilities; advises COO/CEO where executive action is necessary to accomplish these goals; plans the activities of individual departments in relation to other hospital departments. * Attends medical staff meetings and/or medical staff committee meetings as assigned or requested; informs the CEO of proceedings at meetings attended and recommends action, as necessary; * Analyzes systems and implements appropriate system changes that enhance healthcare delivery. * Accepts and performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree required. * Master’s degree preferred (MHA or MBA w/healthcare concentration preferred) Experience:* * * Prefer 3-5 years related experience in healthcare, management, process improvement. * Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: * Must be comfortable and skilled at working with physicians, healthcare providers and other stakeholders in the organization and be able to provide oversight for the operations of departments as well as appraise the performance of those department heads, including the authority to hire and dismiss subject to approval of CEO. * Have knowledge of JCAHO, State Health Department regulations and other regulations and laws.
* Have the ability to interpret their intent and application. Demonstrate the ability to handle a variety of responsibilities under pressure. * Must be able to function independently. Demonstrate good communication skills. Must have knowledge of physician practice strategies for growth and efficiency.
* Must have knowledge of the medical community and be familiar with hospital operations.
Degree of Supervision Required: * None.
* Individual proceeds on his/her own initiative in compliance with the philosophy, policies, procedures and practices of SMC.
* Collaborates/coordinates operational responsibilities with the Chief Executive Officer. Orientation Period:* * 90 days
Title: Vice President - Operations - FT Days
Location: Colorado-Thornton-North Suburban Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03192-75810