Farmers Insurance Field Claims Adjuster - Residential Property - Thousand Oaks-Moorpark-Simi Valley, CA in Thousand Oaks, California
This position will require that you travel in the territory assigned, which is Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley and Moorpark. Youmust livein the area to be considered*
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Investigates, determines liability, confirms coverage, establishes damages, and negotiates settlement of claims. Will also be required to maintain an active adjusters license in states where required.
Essential Job Functions
- Investigates, confirms coverage, determines liability, establishes damages, reports status and negotiates the settlement of assigned cases (has authority to make payment of assigned claims within prescribed limits).
- Adjusts all types of claims.
- Inspects damaged property and determines claims related damage.
- Estimates the cost of repair or replacement of damaged or stolen property. Determines and reports on subrogation potential.
- Reports theft, fraud, and arson losses as required to state and industry agencies.
- Performs most duties on an individual basis, and work has a direct bearing on Management results.
- Represents the Company from a public relations standpoint and must conduct oneself as a member of Management at all times.
- Personal contacts are a major part of activity and include policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, repair facilities, contractors, police and fire departments, state and county fraud and arson personnel, special investigators, attorneys, expert witnesses, members of the medical profession and all other persons’ incident to the investigation and processing of claims.
*Employees assigned to the Catastrophe team will be required to travel away from their residence for a specified period of time, usually consisting of 23 days.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bending Pulling Sorting Carrying up to 20 lbs. Pushing, Speaking (English), Climbing Reaching, Standing, Key entering, Reading (English), Walking, Kneeling, Seeing, Writing (English).
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, but with exposure to some or all of the following environments when in the field: uncontrolled outside environmental conditions, excessive noise levels, chemicals such as Chemical/Biological conditions, moving mechanical parts, and areas considered dangerous conditions, which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, oils, smoke, soot, or poor ventilation.
Four-year college degree required.
2-5 years’ customer service experience, preferably in a retail or fast pace environment.
Construction or Insurance experience highly desirable and preferred.
Knowledge of architectural estimates and damages, labor cost, negotiations and vendor relationship preferred.
Candidate qualifications may be reviewed against the requirements for the associated levels of this position's core function.
Special Skill Requirement
Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Typing (40-50 WPM) and computer skills - MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience or exposure to Xactimate highly desirable
- Proficiency with smartphones and applications
- Valid driver's license
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Field Claims Adjuster - Residential Property - Thousand Oaks-Moorpark-Simi Valley, CA
Location: California-Thousand Oaks
Requisition ID: 180008D8