Bank of America Risk Data & Governance Manager in Thousand Oaks, California
Global Risk Analytics (“GRA”) is responsible for developing models and analytical tools for the facilitation of Risk and Capital measurement, management, and reporting. To achieve this, GRA partners with various lines of business and enterprise functions to ensure models and analytics address both internal and regulatory requirements, complying with the requirements of the Enterprise Model Risk Policy, and providing quantitative support and expertise for individual requests and projects. GRA’s analytical remit spans the Company from Consumer Banking to Global Markets.
The key objectives of GRA include:
• Develop and implement a comprehensive data provisioning across GRA sub teams aligned to Enterprise Data Architecture (“EDA”) strategy
• Create and maintain a data governance infrastructure
• Harmonize data expertise, tools and governance across Global Risk Analytics
• Establish data quality controls monitoring across key data flows and business processes
• Provide business requirements to data providers or consumers on a timely basis
• Manage and report on data defects across consumer products
GRA Data Governance & Provisioning objectives include:
• Owning data governance processes and framework –maintaining a centralized escalation point across business activities
• Driving and executing a consistent approach to capture and maintain Metadata & Data Quality Controls
• Approving all key technology, audit or regulatory data related milestones and remediation plans
• Partnering with technology to develop suite of data quality assessment tools and capabilities
• Execute Data QA program inclusive of GRA LOB control testing, documentation, gap identification and remediation
• Supports production of GRA Data Quality Controls dashboard, management reports, and ad-hoc reporting requests (audit, compliance, etc)
• Support data provisioning strategy as it aligns to Enterprise and Global Risk objectives
• Support Product Executives as needed for strategy execution
• Bachelors Degree in relevant subject – i.e. Data Science, Computer Science or Mathematics
• 5-7 years experience leading a Data Management function or applicable and related experience
• 7 years experience working with large data sets
• Truly comfortable in a fast-paced and change-oriented environment
• Execution-oriented and results-focused self-starter able to work independently
• Strong organizational ability, project management skills, and extremely detail oriented
• Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels (i.e. colleagues to senior management) and situations (i.e. one-on-one to presentations).
• Keen judgment balancing business strategy with rigorous risk management controls
• A pragmatic and flexible attitude towards problem solving, and a consultative working style
• Strong analytical mindset with attention to detail in work as well as the ability to remain calm and flexible in the face of increased demands, changing priorities and uncertain environment.
• Possesses a strong commitment to excellence by anticipating needs, mitigating risks and minimizing potential problems.
• Good team player with positive “can-do” attitude.
• Subject Matter Expert in one or more consumer products systems: Mortgage, Card, and/or CVL
• Programming experience in Java, C++ and/or Python.
• Background in program management, or related field
• Breadth of experience across businesses serving people, companies and institutions
• Experience closely interacting with analytical and/or technology teams
Enterprise Role Overview:
Manage a group or process(potentially global). Work with business data users to define the use of data within risk systems. Recommend remediation of control gaps and implements effective risk controls of our data processes and systems. Participate in and lead user acceptance testing of data control processes. Understand existing risk systems, data flows, and infrastructure to identify gaps between business usage of data and current implementations. Recommend alternate data sources and processes to improve the control environment. Lead cross functional strategic efforts to remediate data quality issues. Proactively monitor and remediate incoming data used in risk measurement and reporting. Ensure the completeness, validity, and accuracy of data on a daily basis. Work with other groups as needed, including Middle Office, Sales and Trading, Technology, Compliance, Operational Risk, and Enterprise Capital Management to ensure effective controls over data for GMRM.
Posting Date : 12/07/2018
Thousand Oaks, CA, 225 W HILLCREST DR (CA6918),
Atlanta, GA, Atlanta Plaza, 600 Peachtree St NE,
Charlotte, NC, BANK OF AMERICA CORPORATE CENTER, 100 N TRYON ST,
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.