HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Sepsis Coordinator in Thousand Oaks, California
Los Robles Hospital & Medical Centeris a licensed 404 bed acute care facility. Fully accredited by the Joint Commission, Los Robles Hospital has the only Level II Trauma Center in Eastern Ventura County and the only Emergency Room in both Los Angeles and Ventura counties coveted EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) rating. In addition, it is the only hospital certified by both counties as a STEMI designated heart attack center for rapid heart attack response and is a certified Primary Stroke Center. With over 600 physicians on its medical staff, representing over 50 medical specialties, Los Robles is proud to be the community’s most trusted resource for health and a regional destination for care.
POSITION SUMMARY:Primary responsibility is coordination of the Sepsis Program, to ensure Early Goal Directed Therapy requirements are met for each patient within appropriate time frames. Responsible for monitoring outcomes and patient mortality among the Sepsis patient population. Presents data, graphics, and reports to committees, including the Sepsis, Quality and Utilization Review Committees. Provides direct input and recommendations for Program improvement, Policy development or Procedural changes, which enhance the Sepsis Program. Recognized as a subject matter expert for nursing, physicians, and ancillary departments. Exemplifies integrity and professionalism; is self-directed and holds confidential all aspects of patient information.
Position location - main hospital
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND LICENSING:
- Current Registered Nurse in the State of California
- Master’s Degree in Healthcare Field Preferred, or 5 plus years of work experience in Infection Prevention or Quality Management or a combination of patient safety and data analysis experience.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider or American Red Cross Professional Rescuer CPR Card.
- Must complete initial and annual competencies; general and nursing orientation, Sepsis Healthstream education and Standardized procedure competency, with demonstrated proficiency.
- Experience with Meditech preferred. Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or database management preferred. Expertise with data analysis, trending and reporting.
- The ability to retrieve information from an electronic database(s) and communicate findings to all stakeholders in an organized method is required. Presentation of data to Medical Staff committees must be in a clear, concise manner.
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
- Experienced with physician relationships; and dealing with health care professionals.
- Exhibits time and resource management abilities. Manages multiple moving deadlines with frequent interruptions, and shifting priorities.
- Expert project management skills; ability to work independently, be flexible, and lead a strong interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written; excellent critical thinking, judgment and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to ongoing education in the Sepsis continuum.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: RN Sepsis Coordinator
Location: California-Thousand Oaks-Thousand Oaks Surgical Hospital, A Campus of Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00048-8408