HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Supply Chain Technician PRN in Thousand Oaks, California
Los Robles Hospital & Medical Centeris a licensed 404 bed acute care facility. Fully accredited by the Joint Commission, Los Robles Hospital has the only Level II Trauma Center in Eastern Ventura County and the only Emergency Room in both Los Angeles and Ventura counties coveted EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) rating. In addition, it is the only hospital certified by both counties as a STEMI designated heart attack center for rapid heart attack response and is a certified Primary Stroke Center. With over 600 physicians on its medical staff, representing over 50 medical specialties, Los Robles is proud to be the community’s most trusted resource for health and a regional destination for care.
Mission:* *Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we strive to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve.
Vision:* *We are committed to being the community's most trusted resource for health, and a regional destination for care.
*POSITION/JOB SUMMARY: *The Supply Chain Technician is responsible for receiving, keying, and promptly distributing all supplies within the facility, as well as reviewing and maintaining all Min/Max levels for storeroom safety stock as well as all other stocking locations. The Supply Chain Technician is also responsible for conducting physical inventories of all POU areas according to the defined schedule.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Previous stock clerk experience is helpful
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Deliver supplies in an accurate and timely manner**
- Place safety stock in proper location
- Receive expedited deliveries, accurately key receiving into the SMART system, and deliver to appropriate department(s)
- Receive all cross-docked items into the SMART system as appropriate
- Review Min/Max for storeroom safety stock daily and place orders appropriately
- Count par level areas (POU areas) weekly according to schedule
- Ensure POU items have the appropriate barcodes
- Perform QA random checks on totes per approved policy
- Rotate stock in POU areas and backup storeroom areas to ensure no items are out of date
- Check after-hour logs for charges and determine how to avoid reoccurrence
- React appropriately to POU “critical point” messages and stock outs
- Process all “returns to vendor” or “returns to backup stock” appropriately
- Provide assistance to the POU Station personnel as well as provide assistance with problems, questions and concerns at the nurses stations
- Handle all emergency supply situations
- Rotate “on call” as appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Attends in-service presentations, and completes mandatory education week, including but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” Philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”**
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES: * Communication – communicates clearly and concisely * Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations * Interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with other employees, supervisors, and external parties * Policies & Procedures – demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies procedures and systems * PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required * Basic skills – able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Supply Chain Technician PRN
Location: California-Thousand Oaks-Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00048-8863