Eaton Corporation Material Planner in Titchfield, United Kingdom
· Identify work orders due for release, confirm those that these can be released based on available manufacturing capacity, and identify any that have material shortages. Sequence the release of work orders in line with constraints. Where shortages are re-occurring, facilitate a review of the each part to identify root cause and corrective action.
· Monitor the load at key work centres and give advance warning of potential slippage of the production plan due to failure to meet the production plan within manufacturing
· Use ERP reports and daily supply reviews, to determine revised release dates for any work orders that cannot be released in accordance with the production plan. Update the ERP system with revised release and completion date where necessary, ensuring that date alignment is maintained through the BOM levels.
· Review completed work orders daily, identify any that are did not close correctly. Facilitate the action required for work order close to be achieved. Manually close orders if necessary. Monitor open work orders and review any without activity and action as necessary.
· Daily review of action messages, investigate the reason for the action message, when the reason has been identified, determine ability to support the message request, and amend due dates where appropriate. Ensure and date change details are reflected in the top level production plan to maintain alignment through the ERP system.
· Review the production plan over a rolling four – eight week period, and ensure that this is achievable based on hours required against hours available. Where necessary, amend the production plan so that it can be achieved.
· Attend Tier 1 and 2 meetings as required to communicate the status of the production plan and receive feedback from supply chain partners. Ensure that production plans are maintained in line with the latest data available.
· Monitor the ongoing production capacity requirement against available capacity, and highlight areas of concern, where the plan requirement would exceed known capacity.
· Carry out necessary transactions to complete inter-site transfers and to facilitate the shipping process.
· Maintain the inter-site communication report, detailing latest date information for inter-site requests.
Familiar With MRP Systems And The Application Of These In a Manufacturing Environment Along With The Following
Production planning and management
Excel at an advanced level
Working toward APICS qualifications,
Complete the Eaton university supply chain modules
HNC / HND Engineering or business related Degree or 5 years + experience in a similar planning environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.