IBM Middleware Support Administrator in Toronto, Canada
Middleware Support Administrator
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers—people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced, and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
Provide break/fix support as part of an on-call, (7 X 24), rotation pool. Implement customer changes. Install or Uninstall in scope software
• Configure and administer in scope software
• Apply software patches, hotfixes, and service packs to in scope software
• Perform in scope system software level recovery
• Maintain Operational Procedures documentation for Middleware operations.
• Perform startup and shutdown of in scope middleware
• Deploy customer application code/content changes
• Create, implement, manage scripts
• Perform L2 problem determination and problem resolution on in scope software
• Perform root cause analysis of in scope software outages
• Manage problem tickets per Problem Management process
• Open help requests with software vendor support
• Implement and test changes to in scope software
• Create and manage change tickets per Change Management Process
• Conduct security compliance activities per contractual security requirements
• Maintain in scope software security compliance
• Perform and report results of in scope software health checks
• Manage SSL Certificates and Keys
• Perform in scope product log file rotation, pruning, and archiving
• Work on projects as assigned, including sizing, planning and implementation activities.
• Part of an on-call support team in rotation providing 7X24 support.
• Provide on-site support for Disaster Recovery and its testing.
• Execute changes off-hours.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
L2 Clearance or the eligibility to request it.
IIS - 5+ years
MS FTP - 2+ years
Experience in an Enterprise IT environment - 5+ years
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
RightFax product support
Basic network knowledge an asset
IAM or some familiarity with authentication services.
Knowledge of High Availability
Knowledge of preparing and testing Disaster Recovery plans
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.