HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Laboratory Technician PRN in Trinity, Florida
We are seeking a dynamic motivated hospital based Medical Technician like you to join our organization.
IRL is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida and in Alachua Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories throughout Florida. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations into an integrated service network. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
You will perform stat and routine clinical laboratory testing in technical discipline areas in which individual and department are licensed under the oversight of a medical technologist and direction of a laboratory supervisor, manager or director. You will perform duties consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements and demonstrate a general understanding of the theoretical concepts of laboratory medicine to ensure timely and accurate results. You will also perform non-technical duties including, but not limited to specimen collection, processing and referral testing within the department as required.
This position supports the department in achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities.
- Be proficient with information system computer functions relative to job duties.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in the performance of accurate and timely laboratory testing
- Ensure that work is organized and performed according to section procedure manual so that other personnel can follow workflow.
- Analyze testing samples according to instructions and complete within the allowable time frame.
- Utilize sound judgment to appropriately seek guidance from medical technologists, supervisors, department head, and medical director in the review and interpretation of clinical laboratory data.
- Consistently complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results.
- Perform stat procedures, timed studies, and routine tests within established turnaround time targets.
- Demonstrate ability to deal with priorities first, and plans for completion of remaining duties
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief
- Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results.
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol and complete necessary documentation.
- Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control, standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within appropriate guidelines
- Assist supervisor in meeting department regulatory agency requirements (CAP, etc.)
- Ensure equipment is operated correctly and periodic maintenance is performed according to schedule.
- Utilize reagents and supplies appropriately.
- Maintain education and development appropriate for position.
You Should Have: * Your 2 Year/Associate Degree in Science * Your State of Florida Technician License * Less than one year of experience is required * 1-3 years of experience in a clinical laboratory setting is preferred IRL is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence! HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Are you intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. We are actively interviewing so apply today. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Medical Laboratory Technician PRN
Location: Florida-Trinity-Medical Center of Trinity
Requisition ID: 00146-7326IRL