Brinks Diesel Technician in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Requisition #:28210Location:Tulsa OK - B0775
Functional Area:Automotive/Motor VehicleEducation Required:None
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus
Brink’s U.S., a division of Brink’s, Incorporated, is the premier provider of armored car transportation, currency and coin processing, ATM servicing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for an Armored Vehicle Technician
The Armored Vehicle Technician is responsible for the troubleshooting, diagnostics and maintenance of all fleet vehicles at the branch. The Technician will determine actions that prevent the least amount of impact on fleet availability and customer service by managing fleet repairs completed by a third party vendor. This position functions in an armed environment. This position requires the enforcement of rules to protect the premises and property of Brink's and its customers, as well as the safety of persons on the premises of Brink's and its customers.
• Repair and maintain company owned vehicles and equipment.
• Inspect, repair, maintain and test vehicles & equipment at prescribed maintenance intervals of mileage, time and usage or upon malfunction or breakdown.
• Inspect, test and align truck, van and light-duty equipment lights and to maintain electrical systems and controls.
• Maintain and repair brakes, braking systems, engines and all related chassis components.
• Maintain, repair or replace transmission and other drive train components.
• Maintain and repair steering, suspension and frame components.
• Maintain and repair cab heating and air-conditioning components.
• Maintain and repair engine fuel and exhaust system components.
• Maintain and repair truck accessories.
• Maintain and repair trailers and their components.
• Adjust equipment to standards set by state or federal DOT for motor vehicle inspection and safety standards.
• Disassemble, inspect and replace worn parts as required. Fit and adjust new or repaired parts.
• Have the knowledge to use gauges, drills, grinders, measuring devices or other specialized equipment as required.
• Check fluid levels, lubricate and perform services following company preventive maintenance schedules and guidelines.
• Test drives equipment as required. Mandatory after all safety related repairs.
• Account for time by completing time tickets on a daily basis.
• Complete repair orders for all vehicles or equipment worked on daily.
• Send completed paperwork to Fleet Data Entry based on company standards and guidelines
• Maintain vehicle maintenance files according to company and DOT guidelines.
• Maintain parts inventory levels as determined by Regional Fleet Supervisor and data entry department.
• Verbally communicate with Regional Fleet Supervisor on a daily basis.
• Notify Regional Fleet Supervisor of potential safety issues as needed.
• Other duties as required or requested by Regional Fleet Supervisor.
• The ability to lift 75 pounds and move objects that weight 125 pounds or more. Example: tires or rims. Must be able to work in an environment where exhaust fumes from diesel and gasoline powered equipment and fumes from petroleum based cleaning solvents and chemicals may be present during the maintenance and repair process of motor vehicles and/or ground support equipment.
• Education or schooling in an accredited trade school or, two to three years hands on experience working on vehicles in a repair facility maintaining and repairing light, medium and heavy duty vehicles.
• Must possess the necessary skills and abilities to perform the duties normally associated with the maintenance and repair of light, medium and heavy duty vehicles.
• Must possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL B license with the proper endorsements as needed. (I.E: Air Brake Endorsement) Class B license must be obtained within 90 days of hire date. Branches that have Tractor Trailers will require that the service technician have a Class A CDL with air brake endorsement.
• Must be able to work independently and at times alone without direct supervision.
• Must be able to maintain a valid DOT physical card.
• Must be able to maintain a valid Driver’s License in the state that the employee resides.
• Must maintain a clean and clutter free shop area to ensure a safe work environment.
• Must maintain a valid A/C Certification.
• Must maintain a valid Air Brake Certification.
• Must be able to adhere to all safety policies and procedures, I.E. work boots (no sneakers), eye, ear, and hand protection etc.
Service Technician must own and maintain standard tools needed to perform the task described in the job description and replace said tools as required.
An example of these tools are box and open end wrenches up to 1-1/4” in size, 1/4”,3/8”, and 1/2” drive sockets and ratchets up to 1-1/4” in size, screwdrivers, hammers, basic test meters, 1/2” & 3/8” impact wrenches. 3/8” and 1/2” impact sockets up to 1-1/4” (The is an example of some of the tools required and not a complete list)
• ASC Master Technician
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s U.S. We provide eligible employees medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer profit sharing opportunities and a 401(k) program with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink’s is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top