Chenega Corporation Referral Clerk in Tyndall AFB, Florida
GTW Consultants & Associates, LLC
Company Job Title:
Chenega Job Title:
General Clerk 1
SCA WD Labor Category:
General Clerk 1
Tyndall AFB, FL
SCA, Non - Exempt, Full Time Temporary
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
Summary:TheReferral Clerk provides clerical/administrative support in the Referral ManagementCenter for customer service, referral tracking, referral appointing, and reporting activities. Thisposition will support the daily functions of specialty care referral appointing, referral review andcoordination, beneficiary counseling and referral tracking at the MTF.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position).
· Greets patients/visitors at a front desk, referral center or office setting.
· Answers main office phone line(s). Directs telephone calls to appropriate section forassistance, handles independently or takes messages as required.
· Reviews referrals for administrative completeness and researches covered benefits prior toprocessing.
· Determines patient eligibility for services and arranges and schedules medical appointmentsfor referred care.
· Provides general instructions to patients and ensures patients have necessary documentation for referred health care services.
· Obtains updates and files medical records as needed.
· Organizes and researches patient records, extract needed information, and review recordsfor referral results within established guidelines.
· Request medical records and ensures arrival of medical records prior to appointment(s).
· Initiates and locates patient medical records as needed.
· Obtains documentation as requested by healthcare providers (test results, or documentationnot yet filed in records).
· Ensures referral results are returned to the referring provide and to the medical recordwithin required timelines. Assists with follow up, written or verbal, as necessary.
· Completes referral tracking data collection tool for, calculates metrics, and compiles monthly reports as directed by the MTF.
· Orients and trains MTF personnel about the referral process and timelines.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency.Completion of an Administrative Assistant program is desired.
· A minimum of at least six (6) months of experience in medical office setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must have working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook.
· A fully qualified typist with a minimum of 50 WPM is required.
· General medical ethics, telephone etiquette, and excellent communication and customerservice skills.
· General office administrative and clerical skills to perform receptionist duties and answertelephones.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Organization: GTW, LLC
Title: Referral Clerk
Location: Florida-Tyndall AFB
Requisition ID: 1800004153