Shell Key Account Manager - Automotive Lubricants in UK, United Kingdom
Key Account Manager - Automotive Lubricants
No. of Positions:
What’s the role:
This is Field-based customer facing role in the UK Direct Lubricants Sales Team predominantly working with our Car Franchise Workshop customers across the UK
What will the Key Account Manager do:
• Manage, Retain, Develop & Grow portfolio of Key Automotive Franchise Workshops accounts
• Actively prospect for new Lubricants business, demonstrating Sales Leadership
• Implement and maintain the Company’s standardised sales and business management processes and deliver sales and profitability plans for each account of your responsibility.
• Ensure personal compliance with Shell Manual of Authorities, Shell Group Business Principles, Shell HSSE Policy, Shell Values, Trade Practices Act, Anti-Competitor laws and other relevant Shell policies.
• Provide appropriate coaching, motivating and developing to peer or junior colleagues and sales support staff
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
• Establish, develop and manage ‘win-win’ customer relationships by building and maintaining relationships with key customers at appropriate levels with measured outcomes.
• Drive the management of customer relationships by;
Setting account objectives to be delivered with support of Territory Managers, measure and monitor results and feedback to Sales Manager
Delivering value propositions and account implementation plans to add maximum value to both the customer and Shell.
Drive the pursuit of new business and growth in line with the Lubricants Direct business strategic direction.
Monitoring and Reporting
• Plan, monitor and achieve individual sales targets through Sales 1st Behaviour.
• Understand & implement sales process and all necessary documentation should be documented in the sales tool.
• Work closely with Technical, Finance and Marketing Teams to identify opportunities for both Cross Sell and Up Sell Opportunities.
• Work closely with Sales Support to manage customer set up, amendments, pricing and rebates in a timely manner.
• Review & Plan Customer business, Products, Contracts, Re-signs, Prices,
• Carry out price negotiations with customers, prepare quotations and proposals and agree on all operational requirements including price, contract, payment terms and services
• Monitor and achieve individual sales targets and contribute to overall team performance
• Maintain & develop in-depth and current product and industry knowledge.
• Monitor key competitors in the sector and understand their strengths and weaknesses in order to maximise sales opportunities.
• Understand and keep track of changing customer needs, customer structures and the business environment.
• Contribute to the overall planning and development of the UK Lubricants Direct business by providing recommendations and market intelligence on business, customer, competitor and market issues to the marketing team.
• Assist in identifying new growth opportunities in line with the UK Lubricants Direct business strategic direction
• Contribute to the development of effective teams by building and maintaining positive working relationships and demonstrating Enterprise First & Sales First behaviours.
• Contribute to effective team communication in all areas of interest
This field-based role is part of the Europe Direct Sales organization and will belong to the UK Direct Sales Team. You will be provided with a job allocated car.
Auto req ID:
Country of Work Location:
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What we need from you
• Proven Track record of delivery in sales environment at key account level or marketing
• Experienced negotiator with proven track record of new business delivery and business development • Experience of developing and implementing pricing strategies
• Strong Customer Relationship Management and excellent interpersonal skills; including experience of and ability to manage high level relationships within large national complex key accounts.
• Commercial instinct and strong customer focus
• Excellent communication and networking skills
• Ability to manage interfaces and relationships within a B2C environment both internal and external..
• Knowledge and understanding of the Sales process.
• Team Player
• Strong drive, tenacity and ability to work independently
• Valid driving licence.
• Fluent in English
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach.
Join us and you’ll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell as flexible, appealing and supportive a place for women to work as possible. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2017.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network.
People with an impairment
At Shell, we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that.
If you'd like to apply, just let us know about your circumstances. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a rewarding career with us.
City, State (if applicable):