Sinclair Broadcast Group Java Software Development Engineer in United States, United States
We are seeking an experienced Java Software Development Engineer to join our fast-paced organization. As a Java Software Development Engineer, you will help us build and maintain functional tools and applications. Responsibilities include defining software requirements, writing clean and efficient code for various applications, and running tests to improve system functionality. The ideal candidate has empathy, a passion for solving customer pain, and an eagerness to learn and grow. If you have hands-on experience programming in Java and building operational tooling, we’d like to meet you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Debug, improve, and optimize critical backend services.
- Work to improve our platforms and services.
- Contribute to the culture and strategies of service operations and reliability (e.g. incident response, post-mortem, trend analysis, observability standardization, etc.).
- Build operational tooling.
- Collaborate across teams to develop ways to improve reliability and scalability.
- Analyzing user and system requirements
- Designing flowcharts to illustrate software solutions
- Writing efficient code based on feature specification
WHO YOU ARE:
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer
- Heavy exposure to AWS and other cloud-based architecture
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting and time management
- Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks
- Extensive knowledge of Java programming language
- Basic knowledge of relational databases
- Proficient with various operating system concepts
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.