Northwell Health Environmental Svcs Aide in Valley Stream, New York
Req Number 001PRD
Job Category Housekeeping
1. Performs all cleaning functions following established procedures in a timely fashion.
2. Uses properly labeled cleaning supplies for each job, as instructed.
- Maintains tools and equipment in good condition, uses supplies economically.
4. Cleans beds, blinds, ceilings, light fixtures, sinks, toilets, bathtubs, showers, walls, windows, wall tiles, ceiling & wall vents, televisions, etc. following established procedures.
5. Washes and hangs draperies and cubicle curtains.
6. Washes and polishes furniture and metal.
- Sweeps walkways and outside perimeter of facility (where currently applicable).
8. Sweeps, mops, strips, scrubs, vacuums, and buffs floors.
9. Replenishes liquid soap, paper towels and toilet tissue.
10. Moves furniture from one area in facility to another (where currently applicable). May be asked to move furniture to outside storage facility. Distributes clean linen carts. Picks up soiled linen and delivers to linen department.
11. Collects garbage, cleans and re–lines trash receptacles with plastic liners.
12. Transports garbage to designated area and disposes non–infectious waste appropriately.
13. Deposits Red Bags–Infectious Waste, in holding cart in cautious manner
14. Transports Red-Bag garbage to Sani-Pak area and inserts into Sani – Pak. Operates Sani – Pak receptacle.
15. Moves all furniture and replaces same after carpet installations, in preparation to strip, seal or wax floors or when a department is relocating (where currently applicable).
16. Moves all of the aforementioned as necessary for the smooth and efficient flow of any required work to be performed and replaces same.
17. Sets up and breaks down tables, chairs, lecture podiums, etc. according to specifications.
18. Removes trash before setting up next function/meeting.
- Performs related duties, as required.
· High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred.
· Minimum of one year (1) experience in an industrial or hospital setting, preferred.
· Communicate effectively in English (speaking and reading).
· Demonstrated competency in the use of all types of buffing and scrubbing machines, vacuum cleaners and extractor machines. Demonstrated competency in the use of “Sani-Pak” and cardboard baling machine.
· Must be able to lift/carry fifteen (15) pounds.
· Must be able to ambulate, up and down stairs and bend at knees repeatedly during shift in the performance of cleaning duties.