Hilton Cafeteria Cook - Hilton Vancouver in Vancouver, Washington
A Cafeteria Cook is responsible for cooking/preparing all food for service to team members in accordance with standards. Deliver food to team member cafeteria and ensure replenishment.
This position requires a flexible schedule, including mornings, days, nights, weekends and holidays. We are unable to consider schedule restrictions for this position.
What will I be doing?
A Cafeteria Cook is responsible for cooking/preparing all food for service to team members in accordance with standards. Deliver food to team member cafeteria and ensure replenishment. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Produce and coordinate the preparation and service of all food items for team member cafeteria in accordance with hotel standard recipes or as otherwise instructed by supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safework area in compliance with local health department and hotel regulations and standards.
- Check and control product usage through proper productions based on forecast.
- Special projects and assignments for continuous improvement.
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent required – Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.
At least one year of professional cooking experience in a high volume operation is required. Additional food service and/or hotel experience preferred.
Previous customer service experience is required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Must be able to obtain state health department certificate for food safety, sanitation.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability is preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be skilled and well versed in all aspects of food production; able to assume any kitchen duty as required.
- Must possess good working knowledge of fundamentals of high volume hot/cold food production.
- Must posses working knowledge of most kitchen equipment and tools used in high production operations.
- Ability to read, write and speak English in order to complete requisitions, read recipes, and communicate instructions and other information with fellow team members.
- Basic mathematic skill to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to safely use all kitchen equipment and tools.
- Ability to work in confined spaces for long periods of time with extreme temperature ranges (hot/cold).
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Cafeteria Cook - Hilton Vancouver
Requisition ID: HOT04XTZ