Marsh & McLennan Technical Account Manager (1864) in Virginia Beach, Virginia
MMA Mid-Atlantic – Virginia Beach, VA Business Insurance (P&C) Technical Account Manager
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
• Overall sales and service support to the Business Insurance (P&C) department, clients and prospects.
• Provide prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable service to Business Insurance (P&C) clients and prospects.
• Process endorsements, certificates, cancellations, audits and other transactions within guidelines, workflows and standards of the agency.
• Resolve accounting discrepancies.
• Support new business and renewals by maintaining prospect / client file within the agency management system, assembling proposals, issuing binders, I.D. cards, and invoicing.
• Check policies when necessary, or prepare policies to be checked by policy checking unit.
• Develop and maintain friendly and professional relationships with clients, prospects, underwriters, vendors, and others.
• Maintain client files on agency management computer system and use computer to perform all functions.
• Be aware of opportunities to add new business to existing clients or cross-sell business to other departments.
• Maintain knowledge of industry forms and coverage changes.
• Perform other duties as requested. Qualifications• Effective oral and written communication and relationship building skills essential.
• Proficiency with agency management systems, Sagitta preferred, and proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel. • Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
• Must be a self-starter, demonstrate resourcefulness, and have good problem solving skills • Exhibit competent coverage, underwriting and risk management knowledge.
• Minimum three years insurance experience in an insurance agency or brokerage environment and demonstrated knowledge of Commercial Lines coverage.
• P&C licensure (Property & Casualty) or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment required.