IBM Consultant - Front End Developer in United Arab Emirates
IBM’s Design’s mission is simple: put the user at the center of our products while fostering a sustained culture of design at IBM. If you are a passionate problem-solver, able to empathize with users and turn that empathy into design insight, we want you to join us in creating exceptional experiences that span our vast product portfolio.
User Experience Designers craft intuitive interactions and workflows informed by user research
typically in the form of wireframe sketches and user journeys. Industrial designers with strong interaction design skills are welcome to apply.
Currently, we are hiring UX Designers. Ideal candidates will also have some experience with UI or visual design. The successful candidate will apply their expertise to create compelling, intuitive and solid user experiences across a range of mediums such as desktop applications, responsive web and mobile. This role requires a sound understanding of interaction design principles and industry leading best practices, whilst maintaining a balance of how visual and interaction design work together to create a world-class user experience. You will need to have the ability to work in a collaborative environment and possess excellent communication skills. Leading with empathy is a plus.
The ideal candidate must be knowledgeable in a wide range of skills and be able to demonstrate and put into practice, from their own UX toolbox the following; information architecture, interaction design, user research, customer experience, usability testing and prototyping whilst being sympathetic to visual design. You will communicate effectively with standard deliverables such as flow diagrams, sitemaps, sketches, wireframes, storyboards, POCs, mockups and be able to present and communicate information hierarchies in a clear and logical way, etc.
• Contribute to the user experience of our applications
• Be an iterative problem solver while also focusing on delivering on pixel perfection
• Play a key role in the user flow of new products and features
• Interact and build a rapport with clients and lead IBM Design Thinking Workshops
• The ability to be creative and experiment with new design concepts and new technologies
• Forward thinking and original
• Use initiative to remain at the forefront of the ever evolving world of UX
• Interact with a small design team to collaborate and mentor alongside brilliant software engineers in a fast moving startup culture
• Bachelors Degree in Design
• 5 years of relevant design experience in product and/or service design
• 3 years experience with mobile application design
• 3 years experience with mobile and web prototyping
• 3 years experience with concepting and contributing to/leading proposal responses
• 3 years experience running client workshops
• 3 years experience interacting directly with clients
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.